Regular Contributor
Tran92

Research Paper

Hi myFICO members!

So it's finals week and I have a research paper due in ten days. It is ten pages long and so far I only got the introduction down lol. (2 page intro)

I am doing my research paper on credit cards. :smileyvery-happy:

My format so far is:

I. Introduction (Told a story about my first experience with credit cards)

II. First Body Paragraph

- Topic : History of Credit Cards

-- Sub topic: FICO and Report

III. Second Body Paragraph

- Topic: Economics

-- Subtopic: Credit Card Act of 2009? not sure if this applies to econ.

IV. Third Body Paragraph

- Topic: Statistics?

V. Conclustion

I need at least 8 sources and was hoping that you guys would know some legit sites for info based on my topics.

I can also use direct quotes from you guys.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-History-of-Credit/td-p/19935 - I found this to be well informed.

Please feel free to leave any comments or share ideas that may be relevent to this subject! Thank you!

TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Established Contributor
thankfulheart

Re: Research Paper

Former English teacher here...20% UTIL in an introduction is too high. I would ding your grade FICO for that! :smileywink:

Intro should be 1/2 page tops (Single paragraph) on a 10pg paper.  It's best to avoid first-person story-telling in a scholarly paper, so if you can edit yours to a 3rd person, that would be better.  Also, watch your sources. Anything non-academic (i.e. MyFICO, Wiki) won't count as a required source. You will need to do some legwork to find books, scholarly articles, etc.  I'm also not sure I would refer to anything done by a pop-culture Suze Orman-type resource.

As for your outline, I'd be tempted to put the Credit Card Act in a 4th section (history leading up to it, process of enactment, consequences), then have a 5th section that provides an indepth summary proving your thesis. Conclusion should be the same as the intro, paragraph bookending the intro to wrap it all up in a neat package.

Sorry I don't have any resources for you off the cuff, but I saw "research paper" and the English teacher in me reared its ugly head. :smileywink:

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Regular Contributor
Tran92

Thanks for the reply! I didn't think anyone had it in them to help me lol. Well, as far as the introduction goes your right it was to long. My professor said it was a bit to long, but it was solid so I might shorten that down. Also in his prompt, he wanted the intro to be a personal story while the rest is all research based. I'm still working on it and am down to 5 1/2 pages now. I'll take your advice on the cca of 2009. Thanks!
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Valued Contributor
IOBA

I read your post but was unclear what I could contribute to the paper.  If you had specific questions (for me) that might help.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}