Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Riding Mower or Push Mower?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Riding Mower or Push Mower?

Looking to get a new mower since I have 14 months 0%apr. I've pushed a lawnmower all my life but now i'm on the fence.

What do you prefer? Push/ Self-Propelled/Riding? Pursuade me....

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Riding Mower or Push Mower?

Zero turn 

Cuts your time by 2/3 and its just plain fun to ride 

Not to mention it takes the word work out of it and turns it into pleasure 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally depends on what you like. I really like a self-propelled, but I have been using a regular small deck push mower for the last few years. I usually push mow our large front yard for some extra exercise and the boyfriend uses the rider on the back fields.

Message 3 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

riding mower....for lazy women....could not resist Smiley Tongue   ... but have no idea so disregard from the practical side ...ha ha

Message 4 of 13
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

Riding lawnmower.

If you want to experience heck on Earth, try using a push mower in Florida. Mid-July.

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 5 of 13
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I use a Fiskars reel mower. It's easier than pushing a regular rotary mower. It cuts my lawn as though I used a pair of scissors on it. It's quiet and throws no dust. I could cut grass in the middle of the night with enough light and never disturb a soul. And best if all no gas, oil or spark plug needed.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
I use a Fiskars reel mower. It's easier than pushing a regular rotary mower. It cuts my lawn as though I used a pair of scissors on it. It's quiet and throws no dust. I could cut grass in the middle of the night with enough light and never disturb a soul. And best if all no gas, oil or spark plug needed.

I looked it up. That's pretty awesome. I might buy one of those sometime.

Message 7 of 13
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking to get a new mower since I have 14 months 0%apr. I've pushed a lawnmower all my life but now i'm on the fence.

What do you prefer? Push/ Self-Propelled/Riding? Pursuade me....

Much depends on other factors to consider/put out there.  Where do you live?  How fast does your lawn grow?  What size lawn do you have? Do you have any sort of physical limitiations that inhibits using a push/self propelled walk behind mower? Do you have teenagers who could do it for you for a lot less? Smiley Wink

If you've got the typical suburbia lawn (small patch in the front/meh sized yard in the back), any sort of riding mower is probably overkill, unless you've got some physical limitations.  My property is about 7800 sq ft, a typical size for a 10-15 year old subdivision in Colorado.  Grass doesn't grow abundantly fast here unless well fertilized and watered, in which case it does need to be mowed more often.  That said, I bought a new mower 2 seasons ago on one of those finance offers from Lowes, buying a more high end mower than I normally would.  But couldn't justify any sort of riding mower for my size lot.  Just a matter of what's important to you.

Message 8 of 13
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yeah Annipoo after getting one. I wondered why I used anything else. Lol
I have a few coworkers that bought them after me. One of them does cut his grass at night during the intense heat of the summer.

You have to keep grass no higher than 4 inches and cut regularly. Like 5 to 7 days during the growing season. It will have your lawn looking like a professional baseball field or golf course. Reel mowers are what's used on both in order to give that manicured look.

My lawn is fairly large. Probably 3/4 of an acre. I can cut it in a hour and half. You can run with the Fiskars. The faster you move the better it cuts.

Message 9 of 13
elim
Senior Contributor

I have lived near the beaches all my life and either had small lawns or a lawn service.  4 years ago I moved north and now deal with 2 large plots of land with grass and snow.

I have since bought my first tractor. Not a huge one but a nice one... "Simplicity"

Floating mower deck, Snow plow, Snow blower, Rear PTO with 3 point hitch, etc.  I can do anything with it with ease. It has hydrostat foot controls for fwd/reverse.

Its a great tool and I will never push mow again.    :]       I never would have imagined I would EVER own a tractor, lol

Image result for simplicity attachments

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.