Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rock On The Range 2009

tag
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Rock On The Range 2009

AHHHHHH..I guess with all the bad news in the world I am really looking forward to Rock On The Range This Year.... They just announced the dates today here in columbus, ohio where I Live It is like woodstock allover

Hope some of you can make it ... If your into a 2 day rock fest. Last year was very good with STP reuniting

May 16th and 17th Cols,Oh Crew Stadium

2wheel
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LouMinotti
Regular Contributor

Re: Rock On The Range 2009

@2wheel wrote:

AHHHHHH..I guess with all the bad news in the world I am really looking forward to Rock On The Range This Year.... They just announced the dates today here in columbus, ohio where I Live It is like woodstock allover

Hope some of you can make it ... If your into a 2 day rock fest. Last year was very good with STP reuniting

May 16th and 17th Cols,Oh Crew Stadium

I hear ya....this economy leaves me not being able to go to sleep at night and not wanting to get out of bed in the morning....so.....I just bought tickets to see Opeth for the 6th time in as many years. My yearly "something-to-look-forward-to" event. I am only praying that by the time of the concert -- May 27th-- the country hasn't entered the MadMax phase. 

As an aside, on NPR's Science Friday today I heard a PHD say that when planning on spending money to cheer yourself up, you are way better off spending money on an EVENT rather than an object as one is much less likely to experience financial guilt pangs since it is a positive memory that you are purchasing and the "high" of the event purchase far outlasts the "high" of an object purchase.

I think this is true. The last time I saw Opeth was in October and I STILL revel that memory, it was an EXCELLENT show.

It cost me over 150 bucks betwen tix for my kids and food and gas, which is kind of a lot of money for me, but so worth it.

July 08 FICO TU/683 EQ/629 EX/658
Goal: 700+ by June 09
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.
Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm still wishing I could pull off Bonnaroo... Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'm still wishing I could pull off Bonnaroo... Smiley Sad

SIL and BIL want to go again this year. They showed pics from a few years ago and all I have to say is, "Thanks, but no thanks". Mud, jammed quarters, the elements.....Let me guess...are you there for Phish or The Boss?
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It would be both! Well, OK, mainly Bruce, whom I last saw in (geeze) 1974 at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. Plus Bela Fleck, Al Green, Booker T, Elvis Costello, and all the oddball side events.

And the way to do it for the I-don't-need-Clearasil crowd is to rent an RV. This is my big excuse, if I ever go --I'll provide a crash pad for my kids and their friends. Although since the youngest is already 21, this excuse is wearing thin, lol.

But hey, a shower, a fridge, A/C, and a lawn chair under a canopy, this would work for this 54-year-old. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.