Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Romantic getaway help

tag
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

Romantic getaway help

Its been a while since I've been on here. Been a really hard season for us, financially, mentally, physically, etc. But I've been blessed with a couple hundred dollars and refuse to let it go to somethin more practical like paying off debt. I want to surprise my husband with a night away but I've only got a week to plan it. I've been scouring the regular travel/hotel sites I can think of but I am now leaning toward more peaceful, private bed and breakfast ideas. But at $200 a night, no refund, etc., I really need to find a good one. Does anyone know where I can find referrals, customer reviews for B & B's (other than their websites!)?
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: Romantic getaway help

To keep the costs down, I would consider a place that would not require a plane, but driving distance. where do you live?

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope the get away went well.   I think the most important ingredient, is the effort and desire to surprise.  Nothing is more pleasurable than the direct and planned attention and affection of your spouse....regardless of where you end up going.

Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope the get away went well.   I think the most important ingredient, is the effort and desire to surprise.  Nothing is more pleasurable than the direct and planned attention and affection of your spouse....regardless of where you end up going.

Smiley Happy

I also hope it went well.  My wife and I plan to spend three quiet days just for us over the Thanksgiving holiday at a place about two hours' drive from home.  We figure that's far enough to represent an escape from the ordinary routine, but not far enough for the travel to be tiring!

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.