Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Money- Tips and Tricks

tag
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: Saving Money- Tips and Tricks

In September I was in the market for some reward cc's. Got two new one's and converted one. Family helped me achieve the promotional cash back and it paid for Christmas. Also I paid my insurance premium for the year, vs by the month. Savings = $36 for that alone. Also, I'm a avid gardener. Instead of obsessively buying all the seeds and plants that I usually do, I made my hobby pay for itself this past year. I saved seeds vs buying, divided plants and sold them. I actually came out quite a bit ahead versus the past several years! Over the past few years, I've made it a personal game with myself to save money. My kids say I am just plain cheap!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Saving Money- Tips and Tricks

instead of cable use rabbit tv its around 50 a year

if your car gets under 18mpg buy a more efficient model example traded a 2000 f150 for a 2008 hhr the savings in gas paid for the payment

price compare anything you purchase to make sure your getting the best deal via the internet

buy instead of renting its often cheaper i went from 710 down to 573 yes houses are cheaper on the outskirts of indianapolis

if you live near a meijers buy the sunday paper for the coupons...the items with coupons will be on sale at meijer a week after they are in the paper and sign up for mperks

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.