Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Savings accounts with mobile apps

tag
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

Savings accounts with mobile apps

Anyone know which high yield savings accounts have mobile apps? i'm currently with amex savings but they don't have an app for their savings side

12k                    10k                     5k                 12.5k (AU)                 6k                   NPSL                   12k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Savings accounts with mobile apps

@milkshakes wrote:

Anyone know which high yield savings accounts have mobile apps? i'm currently with amex savings but they don't have an app for their savings side

Ally has one , and i am pretty sure capital one 360 has one as well 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 8
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@milkshakes wrote:

thanks for your input. i'm not a huge fan of cap1, though i heard nothing but stellar reviews of ING Orange Savings before Cap1 bought their American side and rebranded to 360, so i might need to give it another look.

Ally offers really competitive rates, but i heard their CS is terrible when things go wrong. also, im morally against their practices with their awful GMAC history. they really are on top of things when it comes to modernization, but i still choose to avoid them like the plague.

edited for typos

12k                    10k                     5k                 12.5k (AU)                 6k                   NPSL                   12k
Message 3 of 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@milkshakes wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@milkshakes wrote:

thanks for your input. i'm not a huge fan of cap1, though i heard nothing but stellar reviews of ING Orange Savings before Cap1 bought their American side and rebranded to 360, so i might need to give it another look.

Ally offers really competitive rates, but i heard their CS is terrible when things go wrong. also, im morally against their practices with their awful GMAT history. they really are on top of things when it comes to modernization, but i still choose to avoid them like the plague.

I personally haven't had any issues with ally,also like having 24/7 customer support. I can understand why you don't like supporting them post GMAC .major reason I picked them is only provider that had very competitive money market rates with no min balance required .

Message 4 of 8
bed
Valued Member

Discover's mobile app has savings access.  And they offer higher APY than Ally (last I checked).

Message 5 of 8
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@bed wrote:

Discover's mobile app has savings access.  And they offer higher APY than Ally (last I checked).

+1 for Discover. Their mobile interface for CC's is really good, and I am in the process of switching my savings over to Discover, because my Barclay's savings account doesn't have an mobile app, and their online interface for desktop PC's is really buggy and plain.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 6 of 8
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

mongstradamus: good to hear that your experience has been nothing but positive as of late. hoping it stays that way!

re: Discover. Really? that's pretty interesting. i will definitely check it out -- might be time to broaden my relationship with Discover! :]

Message 7 of 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@milkshakes wrote:

mongstradamus: good to hear that your experience has been nothing but positive as of late. hoping it stays that way!

re: Discover. Really? that's pretty interesting. i will definitely check it out -- might be time to broaden my relationship with Discover! :]

Well my experience is really limited since I don't have to call ally very often at all. Only time I had to call recently was to renew my CD ,but that was only because I wanted to change maturing CD from Six month to five year. Good luck with whichever you choose 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.