Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say goodbye to the new toy I wanted....

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Say goodbye to the new toy I wanted....

So most of ya that snoop on my page know I ride.

I've been eyeing a new bike for a few years, but the cheapo bastard side of me refuses to spend money.

....internal compromise: I'll pay off my car, then defer that money into a new bike....

Guess what happens....

My darling beast of a daughter's car took a big ole' ***t, while driving down to Ky. I just made her an AU on two of mine, so she's covered on repairs...

BUT.....

Now I know it's going to be me taking on another car payment to keep her safe...she's a FT student, working on Bio/Chem post graduate, so she's broke, even with her "on the campus" job stipend....crud.

I think she'll have to take care of dear ole' Ma and Pa, when we're old, and decrepid...just as a payback.Smiley Wink

Now I'm vented, and content...where's my beer?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Nik2010
Valued Member

Re: Say goodbye to the new toy I wanted....

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

So most of ya that snoop on my page know I ride.

I've been eyeing a new bike for a few years, but the cheapo bastard side of me refuses to spend money.

....internal compromise: I'll pay off my car, then defer that money into a new bike....

Guess what happens....

My darling beast of a daughter's car took a big ole' ***t, while driving down to Ky. I just made her an AU on two of mine, so she's covered on repairs...

BUT.....

Now I know it's going to be me taking on another car payment to keep her safe...she's a FT student, working on Bio/Chem post graduate, so she's broke, even with her "on the campus" job stipend....crud.

I think she'll have to take care of dear ole' Ma and Pa, when we're old, and decrepid...just as a payback.Smiley Wink

Now I'm vented, and content...where's my beer?

Yeah, we call that payback "baby rent".  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: Say goodbye to the new toy I wanted....

youre doin a good thing. 

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.