Did you mean: 

Scariest Movie Ever!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scariest Movie Ever!

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

The Birds!

Saw it on TV when I was in 10th grade or so, and the next day walked with friends from our Army housing in Fort Kam to Hickam AFB. We had to walk under at least a half dozen banyan trees, all of them chock-full of mynah birds, chattering madly away. I've never been so scared in my life.

I watched The Birds recently, and I was struck at how timeless that movie is! I still love that movie.  And, the character reactions are very similar to how it mgiht be in real life. Not to mention, every time I see a ton of birds sitting on a fence or power line I feel just a little spark of panic! Smiley Surprised

Message 21 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I'd go zombie on her every once in a while after that, just for laughs.  Usually during severe thunderstorms, w/power outages.

(Yes, I know.  I really am evil!)  Smiley Happy 

You are bad! Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RozBuds wrote:

Psycho from 1960

I can't recall if I've ever actually seen Psycho or not. It's been borrowed from and spoofed so many times that it may just feel like I've seen it.

Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Bigfoot movies- all the rage in the seventies, and I hated the woods, parents had woods behind the house....I used to think he was looking in my bedroom window.

In my Adult years, scriest movie heard of but not Seen: The Undefeated.  

Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RozBuds wrote:

No Country For Old Men. Kept my hands over my eyes alot!

I didn't watch that one, because it seemed more like "blood bath" scary than paranormal or psycholgoical thriller scary.

Message 25 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@eduardofabian1 wrote:

Who did't jump out of the seat with the scariest PG movie of all time...JAWS.

I thought Jaws was funny! The shark was smarter than most of the people in that town! Smiley Tongue

Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I can tell you what was NOT the scariest movie of all time: Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. Smiley Indifferent I saw it on Friday... it was dumb.

Let's see... What hasn't been mentioned? One of the scariest supernatural stories that I've ever seen is An American Haunting (a twist on the Bell Witch story). <-- Not because the action was so terrifying, but because it felt very realistic. The actors did a greeat job, and if you were being haunted back in the colonial days, it felt like this is how it'd happen, and how regular people would react. I thought that both Signs, and Sixth Sense are really good psychological thrillers with a paranormal twist.

Message 27 of 43
Established Contributor

The first movie I saw as a child which scared me silly was "Wait Until Dark".

It was released in 1967 and starred Audrey Hepburn and Alan Arkin.

Message 28 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Shining is probably right up there.    Maybe Poltergeist?

Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

The Birds!

Saw it on TV when I was in 10th grade or so, and the next day walked with friends from our Army housing in Fort Kam to Hickam AFB. We had to walk under at least a half dozen banyan trees, all of them chock-full of mynah birds, chattering madly away. I've never been so scared in my life.

I'm originally from Hawai'i (born and raised 18 years) and I don't think many people on these boards know what a myna bird is Smiley Happy  For those of you who don't, it kind of looks like a little crow.

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.