Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sea-Tac questions

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Sea-Tac questions

I'm flying SNA-SEA-EWR on Alaska with a two-hour layover. No guests. Never been to SEA before, and I wonder:

1. Am I right in thinking the people mover is a very fast way to get around airside? I'm not sure which terminal I'll be arriving in or leaving from. Nerdwallet suggests it might be any of C, D, or N.

2. How crowded are the lounges? (Including Cent, The Clubs, Alaska Lounges...excluding Delta since I'm flying Alaska.)

3. How frequently do The Clubs and Alaska Lounges refuse Priority Pass during otherwise valid hours due to crowding? How's their free food?

I don't think it's relevant as I expect I'd stay airside at SEA, but I have added my KTN to the reservation.

I will do more research (including FT), and I may just go right to my gate, but I just figured I'd see if any Sea-Tac regulars could help me.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sea-Tac questions

OK So most of seatac doesnt use 'people movers' (I think your talking about the trains right?) at all. Concourses A,B,C, and D are all part of the main terminal. The trains are only for the North (N) or South (S) satellites, which are separate buildings. But theyre all airside, you dont ever go outside of security to get to the other concourses. South satellite is mainly used for international flights. N was used by United for decades but will soon be used by Alaska after its renovation is complete. Theres kind of a mall in whats called the Central Terminal with restaurants and stores. Go hang out in the Central Terminal, thats what most everybody does. It has windows to the runways.

Message 2 of 4
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

I recently flew through SEA and it was awesome! As chrismeyers2k1 mentioned the Central Terminal has massive windows overlooking the runways and it also has a great food court - it was super fun to watch planes take off while eating some dinner.

It was an easy walk to and from the Concourse C - yes, my arrival and departing flights were both in the same concourse, but venturing out to the Central Terminal was definitely worth it.

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 3 of 4
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I flew into and out of C a few days ago. I had been under the impression there was something like a train or moving walkway that connected the whole airport, but I didn't encounter anything like that. Maybe what I had read about was just the train connections to N and S.

The central terminal looked pretty vibrant, but I have to admit I didn't really explore it much, instead making a beeline to and from Centurion in B.

As far as getting around airside, it was certainly a hassle-free experience.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.