Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seattle/Bellevue Area

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seattle/Bellevue Area

I may have a job opportunity in Bellevue.  Anyone have any suggestions of where I should look to rent/buy that doesn't require an attorney's salary.  Don't really want an apartment.  Also not sure that we want to buy yet, until I get an idea of how long I will be there.  Our last two houses lasted less than 2 years because we moved...  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Re: Seattle/Bellevue Area

Kirkland, Issaquah.  Mercer Island isn't as expensive as people think. 

Message 2 of 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Kirkland/Issaquah higher than Bellevue. You just gotta do some searching. Down 405 is Renton, somewhat cheaper. It's commute price vs housing. You can also use mass transit fairly easy in that corridor, providing you work day hours. Save you a ton of money, since highways are tolled (I-90 is jammed during peak hours).

Seattle proper across with 520 (using mass transit), U district, Bothell, some smaller neighborhoods might be cheaper. In depth searching needed.

The sales tax is lower on the eastside (Bellevue, Kirkland, Issaquah), and Renton. Seattle has higher sales tax. The lowest sales tax is south of Kent, in Covington. When I lived in Kent, commuted to Covington for purchasing.
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 4
jbsea
Established Contributor

I agree with IPF... I would go with Renton or Bothell.  Both are close to Bellevue and easy commute.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.