myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Secretly competing against Enharu

@09Lexie wrote:
Shaking my head!

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 36
enharu
Super Contributor

lol bad place to post about it.

It was for an auto loan. I requested that they apply only with BMW financial first and avoid doing a shotgun app, since I was confident I'll be approved by BMW. They said ok, but for some reason the finance people went ahead and did multiple simultaneous apps with different lenders. I haven't received any emails about the inquiries alert, but since they were able to tell me about different rates that each bank is offering me, I know they did a shotgun app. 

I was pretty pissed, since I was able to qualify for 2.99% with BMW, which means there was no need for them to process apps with other banks.

Oh well. Good discount on the car though. No idea why I went with the auto loan as well since I'm probably going to pay it off in a few months. 

On the plus side I'm really not going to apply for anything for a good amount of time! Smiley Wink

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 36
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

Weaknesses, things to slow you down, my time is coming
@enharu wrote:

It was for an auto loan. I requested that they apply only with BMW financial first and avoid doing a shotgun app, since I was confident I'll be approved by BMW. They said ok, but for some reason the finance people went ahead and did multiple simultaneous apps with different lenders. I haven't received any emails about the inquiries alert, but since they were able to tell me about different rates that each bank is offering me, I know they did a shotgun app. 

I was pretty pissed, since I was able to qualify for 2.99% with BMW, which means there was no need for them to process apps with other banks.

Oh well. Good discount on the car though. No idea why I went with the auto loan as well since I'm probably going to pay it off in a few months. 

On the plus side I'm really not going to apply for anything for a good amount of time! Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 36
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 14 of 36
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

SURE LOL

Congarts tho

OP you need a BMW now LMAO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 36
enharu
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@enharu

My head hurts from shaking it so hard.

yea I know I was pretty pissed and depressed too until I got into the car.

Got it for slightly below truecar price though, so good deal I suppose. Just bad for my CR.....

But yea definitely no more apps for a good amount of time. The more I think about what they did the more depressing it gets

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 36
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@enharu

what is this limit AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx Blue Cash Preferred (42k)   

Message 17 of 36
enharu
Super Contributor

@gen-specific wrote:

@enharu

The Amex plat is a charge card with no preset limit. I don't know my internal limit either. Haven't tried the button to test how much I can charge on the card, and I've only spent a little over 3k on that card so far, just enough to meet the sign-up bonus.

The BCP CL is at 42k. The global transfer program based it upon my PPS Plat card and my singapore tax docs that they have on file.

Message 18 of 36
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

@enharu

The Amex plat is a charge card with no preset limit. I don't know my internal limit either. Haven't tried the button to test how much I can charge on the card, and I've only spent a little over 3k on that card so far, just enough to meet the sign-up bonus.

The BCP CL is at 42k. The global transfer program based it upon my PPS Plat card and my singapore tax docs that they have on file.

this might have become a slightly less practical competition

Message 19 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@gen-specific wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

@enharu

this might have become a slightly less practical competition

Nah, 3x CLI on your $30K blue, no problem!   I'm going to have to get enharu to get the TD Cash card.   He has a Citi 5x TYP and is wasting money buying BMWs instead of Vanilla Reloads!  Some people....

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.