cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart trick can lead to death (update)

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Shopping cart trick can lead to death (update)

Apparently Tiger Direct is now with Comenity bank and according to Tiger Direct FAQ, they are doing pre-approvals,  aka the Shopping cart trick is possilbe. I decided to give it a try, added a $1700 server to my shopping cart and proceeded to checkout, while waiting for the pop-up, i went too far, the order got placed, and my AMEX is on file apparently, 5 seconds later I got the nice message that my order had been placed ooops, my wife would of killed me if i bought a $1700 computer without even mentioning it to her. I live less than 50 miles from one of there main warehouses, typicaly 3 day shipping is the same speed as over night. The order would of been at my door monday.  I quickly called Tiger Direct and was on hold for 15 minutes, and the order has been canceled, thankfully!!!

Crisis averted!!!

Update:

went to look at my AMEX accounts found the card that was used my my  Zync card,  my statement cuts on the 8th, I would of had to get that transfered to another card quickly or i would of been on AMEX's naughty list as well..

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Shopping cart trick can lead to death

LOL!!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Shopping cart trick can lead to death (update)

great lesson u should of put a mouse pad in the cart ..lol

Message 3 of 8
Credit-King
New Visitor

The worst case scenario is that you could have just returned it when it came or just refuse delivery.

Message 4 of 8
notfancy
Valued Contributor

rofl! This post made me crack up.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 5 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

ROFLOL

Crises averted ...Geeez that was close

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 8
Darrell82
Established Contributor

Whewwww lol That was a close close call there. Good thing you was able to get ahold of them and it wasnt on like a sunday or something to where they was closed and everything completed before you was able to get ahold of them.....

Message 7 of 8
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

That was definitely a close call...glad you were able to avoid going to the doghouse.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.