Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should the fed take over Citi-Group And Boa

tag
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Should the fed take over Citi-Group And Boa

I say yes and let the others compete with the federal goverment banking system...
2wheel
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should the fed take over Citi-Group And Boa

No, the Feds shouldn't, but I'm sure they will.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's see, do I want the people and system that run Social Security, IRS, Medicare, FEMA, EPA, etc. dealing with all our personal monies?  Umm, I think not. Is that what we've been teed up to accept? Definitely.
Message 3 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

I would love to see the fed take over BofA and run it into the ground.  LOL maybe my BofA TL would go with it as well or the CSR who told me my 120 day late was just a "sting" would loose his job.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:
No, the Feds shouldn't, but I'm sure they will.

Should they and will they are two entirely different questions, and I agree with you that there are two entirely different answers.

Message 5 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I guess the real question is what is best for the economy - a temporary takeover or just letting them crash and burn
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightVoice wrote:
I guess the real question is what is best for the economy - a temporary takeover or just letting them crash and burn

We bailed out GM and Chrysler, and they are both still crashing and burning. Ford is hanging by it's fingernails, albeit a little more sound than the other two. All the bailout packages are merely installments. Until they stop payments, the bailouts will continue.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't profess to be an expert but it seems to me like there was already a system in place to deal with financially ailing entities be they manufacturers, banks or brothels.

Bankruptcy, in it's various forms has been taking care of these situations for a long time. Not trying to be political but I don't like the way this is going regardless of who is steering.

Perhaps this is a question that no one has the answer for, yet.  (yet = positive spin)              Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.