Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of the prestige design

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sick of the prestige design

For gods sakes folks.  As soon as someone here posted about the new design (which has been a while) and putting the stripe on the back where it belonged I called Citi that very minute and ordered a replacement card. 

So take 5 minutes of your life today and call them for a replacement card and you can solve your issue.  Shirley a member since 06-05-2013 with 5,379 posts would have seen that update by now.

Message 11 of 14
tacpoly
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:
Unfortunately getting a new card wont help me while im in japan. I thought by pointing to the stripe they would be able to figure it out but it is proving difficult. Im certainly requesting a new card when back stateside. Just really frustrated because i had a large hotel invoice that i ended up having to throw on my amex for a large loss of bonus points and higher exchange rate fee to boot.

Just hand them the card with the stripe facing down (i.e. the way they need to swipe it).  You miss the chance to flash the fancy design, but it should help.  But I thought they would be using the chip in Japan...

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tacpoly wrote:

@red259 wrote:
Unfortunately getting a new card wont help me while im in japan. I thought by pointing to the stripe they would be able to figure it out but it is proving difficult. Im certainly requesting a new card when back stateside. Just really frustrated because i had a large hotel invoice that i ended up having to throw on my amex for a large loss of bonus points and higher exchange rate fee to boot.

Just hand them the card with the stripe facing down (i.e. the way they need to swipe it).  You miss the chance to flash the fancy design, but it should help.  But I thought they would be using the chip in Japan...

No kidding.. I have been using chipped cards in the Middle East for the past 4 years and havent seen one swiped since. Been to China, HK ,Singapore, India, Tukey, Thailand and all are using chip transactions.

Message 13 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For gods sakes folks.  As soon as someone here posted about the new design (which has been a while) and putting the stripe on the back where it belonged I called Citi that very minute and ordered a replacement card. 

So take 5 minutes of your life today and call them for a replacement card and you can solve your issue.  Shirley a member since 06-05-2013 with 5,379 posts would have seen that update by now.

Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful except I was in a foreign country and did not expect for the staff to have such hard time understanding when I pointed out the stripe to them. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.