Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing off Home Depot acct log in page

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Signing off Home Depot acct log in page

Is it just me, or anyone else having trouble actually "logging off" the acct sign in page???  Every time I log in to check my acct, and log off, a box pops up and says..."are you sure"...Im like YES!!! I hit the button, and I get a little wheel that spins for freaking eternity and never logs off. I practically have to reboot my Mac to get off the page. So frustrating!! It was never like that until they revamped their log in page. 

Of course, their CS has no answers for me. (sighs)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Signing off Home Depot acct log in page

@pizza1 wrote:

Is it just me, or anyone else having trouble actually "logging off" the acct sign in page???  Every time I log in to check my acct, and log off, a box pops up and says..."are you sure"...Im like YES!!! I hit the button, and I get a little wheel that spins for freaking eternity and never logs off. I practically have to reboot my Mac to get off the page. So frustrating!! It was never like that until they revamped their log in page. 

Funny you should bring this up!  I just got done sending them a secured message about their new, but certainly not improved website.  I get the same problem you brought up, as well as all pages loading slowly, the log IN taking a very long time, and, get this:  Their secured message seems to have a Twitter limit on the number of characters!  Most places, one has at least 1000 characters.  Not Home Depot.  I ended up having to send them 2 messages.  The simple process of trying to pay a bill becomes a time consuming task due to the "improvements".  I'm now less inclined to use my HD card.  In fact, it's probably going to be one of the cards that gets retired very soon.

Message 2 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Funny you should bring this up!  I just got done sending them a secured message about their new, but certainly not improved website.  I get the same problem you brought up, as well as all pages loading slowly, the log IN taking a very long time, and, get this:  Their secured message seems to have a Twitter limit on the number of characters!  Most places, one has at least 1000 characters.  Not Home Depot.  I ended up having to send them 2 messages.  The simple process of trying to pay a bill becomes a time consuming task due to the "improvements".  I'm now less inclined to use my HD card.  In fact, it's probably going to be one of the cards that gets retired very soon.

Thank God I'm not the only one!!! It's driving me crazy! I'm sure there are others who are experiencing this as well. Thank you for saying something!! Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to giggle a little when I read this.

@pizza1 wrote:

I build websites for a living and one of the hardest issues to troubleshoot are when the site is fine for most people but one segment has some serious issues.

You need to be able to replicate the issue so you can then see what's causing it - and that's not always easy.

If you are sitting and spinning (the little wheel) that means it sent a request behind the scenes and they don't have a proper fallback in place, so it just hangs.

Looking at the site with some debug tools I do see errors, and funnily their debug console messages, but nothing that should be a show-stopper. Other technical stuff too, but that's just because I've got a pet peeve about sites that are pretty but don't actually work well. Smiley Happy

I'll offer what I tell clients when I can't replicate the error - disable any add-ons you might have (like ad blockers) and see if that does anything. You can also try using another browser.  That sometimes yields clues that can help or at least gives you a work-around.  ...or get a lowes card Smiley Happy

I find the 'are you sure?' annoying too - yes. I am sure. That's why I clicked on the tiny 'log out' link way up at the top of the page.

Message 4 of 7
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to giggle a little when I read this.

@pizza1 wrote:

I build websites for a living and one of the hardest issues to troubleshoot are when the site is fine for most people but one segment has some serious issues.

You need to be able to replicate the issue so you can then see what's causing it - and that's not always easy.

If you are sitting and spinning (the little wheel) that means it sent a request behind the scenes and they don't have a proper fallback in place, so it just hangs.

Looking at the site with some debug tools I do see errors, and funnily their debug console messages, but nothing that should be a show-stopper. Other technical stuff too, but that's just because I've got a pet peeve about sites that are pretty but don't actually work well. Smiley Happy

I'll offer what I tell clients when I can't replicate the error - disable any add-ons you might have (like ad blockers) and see if that does anything. You can also try using another browser.  That sometimes yields clues that can help or at least gives you a work-around.  ...or get a lowes card Smiley Happy

I find the 'are you sure?' annoying too - yes. I am sure. That's why I clicked on the tiny 'log out' link way up at the top of the page.

I had previously called their customer service, shortly after the new website was introduced, because the problems of pages not loading properly/slowly caused an issue with a payment that I was attempting to make, but no indication that it had gone through. It hadn't. In my conversation, the CSR said there were still bugs with the new website (an understatement) and they hoped to get it resolved in short order.
I don't have any add-ons with the up-to-date version of IE. I've also used Mozilla and had the same results. And I have a Lowes Card! Smiley Happy
The irony is their previous website, at least IMO, was one of the better websites that I'd used to make payments and track purchases at HD.

Message 5 of 7
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Is it just me, or anyone else having trouble actually "logging off" the acct sign in page???  Every time I log in to check my acct, and log off, a box pops up and says..."are you sure"...I'm like YES!!! I hit the button, and I get a little wheel that spins for freaking eternity and never logs off. I practically have to reboot my Mac to get off the page. So frustrating!! It was never like that until they revamped their log in page. 

Hi Pizza,

I have not had any trouble signing in/out, my problem is since they started the new

payment center site, I get no correspondence as to statement is ready, I get paperless billing,

also when I make my payment, I don't receive an email confirmation.  I have called them the past two months

in regards to the problem, and they advise no other complainants.  I was at my local store the other day and was

talking to one of the associates about this and they advised that I was not the only person complaining, they have had a lot

of customers complaining about the site and problems with it, problem there is they need to be calling payment center

instead of the store.  The last person I spoke with was with tech support, he had me trying different things on my computer and I finally told him,

listen, this worked fine until you updated to a new payment center site, and I also have alerts set to go to my phone, don't receive those either,

he finally said I don't know what to tell you, just go back to receiving paper statements, problem solvedSmiley SurprisedSMH

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 6 of 7
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Easiest solution?  Stop using the Home Depot card.  That's my game plan, at least for now.  If I need to go to HD, I'll use a different card.  Or I'll go to Lowes.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.