Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing the back of your cards

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Signing the back of your cards

I know a lot of us have issues with scratches or any marks on our cards. What about your signature? I like to try and match the color of the card with the color pen I use, but usually all I have is black and blue. So I bought  this ultra fine point marker set yesterday. They are actually really nice and it has 36 different colors! Now whenever I get a new card I can match it perfectly. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Re: Signing the back of your cards

I never sign any! I never had anyone say anything to me except for this one lady in Australia and I just kind of said, well I have my identification...and all was well.

Message 2 of 21
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Lol I sign all of them. It's part of my routine when I get a new card. Plus I refuse to show id to cashiers unless it's an age restricted purchase. 

Message 3 of 21
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

I tried with my last card, but my pen didn't work! So I gave up. 

Message 4 of 21
bahbahd
Established Contributor

As if the my signature on a piece of paper would ever match what was signed on the back of a piece of plastic with some texture on it.  Heck. I can't even sign my name the same twice. I now just make the same scribble and that comes out looking similar no matter what the size. At least that is consistant. 

Message 5 of 21
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@D-Wall wrote:

I know a lot of us have issues with scratches or any marks on our cards. What about your signature? I like to try and match the color of the card with the color pen I use, but usually all I have is black and blue. So I bought  this ultra fine point marker set yesterday. They are actually really nice and it has 36 different colors! Now whenever I get a new card I can match it perfectly. Smiley Happy

Now you've done it....ANOTHER "shall I sign/shall I not sign" discussion ! ! Smiley Surprised

Actually, I think the coloured pens are a great idea FOR THOSE OF US WHO SIGN ! ! !

Message 6 of 21
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Yeah I was worried it might go there, but these pens are awesome for the people that do sign. I pulled out an extra Discover it that was in my sock drawer. One of the pens match the dark blue font for the card info perfectly. It looks so much nicer then signing with a bright blue or black pen. 

Message 7 of 21
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moving to Smorgasboard.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 21
thisisjustbusiness
Established Member

Why the refusal? I used to sign all my cards, and then decided not to. Just write ask for I.D., which I think is funny that when ppl actually take the time to flip over, 1% actually ask me. But now you have me wondering....has there been some latest fraud tactic? Do tell!

Message 9 of 21
lunch
Established Member

I also don't sign and write in "Ask for ID" with a Sharpie ultra-fine marker.

Most people don't even flip it over.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.