Valued Member

Re: SmorgasBoard Posts No Longer Included in Post Counts

Awesome!!! Another algorithm that provides 'weight' in order to deliver a more enlightened exprience in life. 

You can wrap me in your flag, make me say a praise to your creator and make me spend your currency, but remember this, I am a loyal servant to Justice and a Patriot to none. I am free...
Established Contributor

I was just going to ask why some posters have such a high post count and I never see them posting in the major boards.

Moderator Emeritus

eagle2013 wrote:

I was just going to ask why some posters have such a high post count and I never see them posting in the major boards.

Click on the username, view all posts.  Generally can get a sense of where they post; or in my case, the bulk of my posts were made a while back - while my post count isn't anywhere close to the big users, it looks awfully inflated if going by recent history.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 685, TU 705, EX 709 (02/27/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally, I'd rather have a well thought out SmorgasBoard post counting in post counts than 10001 "Congrats! Thanks for sharing" posts elsewhere. Not directed at anyone but I think quality is much more important than quantity.

Senior Contributor

polecat87 wrote:

Personally, I'd rather have a well thought out SmorgasBoard post counting in post counts than 10001 "Congrats! Thanks for sharing" posts elsewhere. Not directed at anyone but I think quality is much more important than quantity.

I like this idea.

| EX FICO : 691 / 12 INQ || EQ FICO : 667 / 4 INQ || TU FICO : 702 / 1 INQ || AAoA : 2 Years 6 Months | Updated: 03/21/15 |

And who decided what's 'quality'?

Every congrats posts means something to the person being congratulated.  

Mega Contributor

Nixon wrote:

polecat87 wrote:

I like this idea.

:smileyvery-happy: Nixon you crack me up! ROFLOL

Senior Contributor

I try. :smileyhappy:

Quality is subjective. I suggest a poll on what a quality post actually is to dispell any notions on what is and isn't... "A quality post."
        | EX FICO : 691 / 12 INQ || EQ FICO : 667 / 4 INQ || TU FICO : 702 / 1 INQ || AAoA : 2 Years 6 Months | Updated: 03/21/15 |

Mega Contributor

Nixon wrote:
I try. :smileyhappy:

Quality is subjective. I suggest a poll on what a quality post actually is to dispell any notions on what is and isn't... "A quality post."

If posts matter so much to a person I guestion The motive for being on the forum to start with. If I had my choice they wouldn't keep track of any of them. After all this time I can't even buy a cup of coffee with mine. If my Congrats bother people tough. I will continue to congratulate people on their success. It's huge to them and I will continue if you don't like it don't read the approvals. If people spent more time paying it forward in life the world would be a better place in my opinion.

New Contributor

09Lexie wrote:

And who decided what's 'quality'?

Every congrats posts means something to the person being congratulated.  

Apparently, someone did decide posts to SmorgasBoard aren't because they aren't counted.

And although I've never posted a CC approval here, personally I'd rather have one congratulatory post from a user telling me their experience with the card/issuer(or what they've heard is the strong points of the card than a couple dozen generic messages from users who may/may not have read my post. Just sayin'

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.