Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmorgasBoard Posts No Longer Included in Post Counts

tag
algorithmslave
New Contributor

Re: SmorgasBoard Posts No Longer Included in Post Counts

Awesome!!! Another algorithm that provides 'weight' in order to deliver a more enlightened exprience in life. 

You can wrap me in your flag, make me say a praise to your creator and make me spend your currency, but remember this, I am a loyal servant to Justice and a Patriot to none. I am free...
Message 31 of 56
eagle2013
Established Contributor

I was just going to ask why some posters have such a high post count and I never see them posting in the major boards.

Message 32 of 56
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@eagle2013 wrote:

I was just going to ask why some posters have such a high post count and I never see them posting in the major boards.

Click on the username, view all posts.  Generally can get a sense of where they post; or in my case, the bulk of my posts were made a while back - while my post count isn't anywhere close to the big users, it looks awfully inflated if going by recent history.

        
Message 33 of 56
polecat87
New Contributor

Personally, I'd rather have a well thought out SmorgasBoard post counting in post counts than 10001 "Congrats! Thanks for sharing" posts elsewhere. Not directed at anyone but I think quality is much more important than quantity.

Message 34 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@polecat87 wrote:

Personally, I'd rather have a well thought out SmorgasBoard post counting in post counts than 10001 "Congrats! Thanks for sharing" posts elsewhere. Not directed at anyone but I think quality is much more important than quantity.

I like this idea.

Message 35 of 56
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

And who decided what's 'quality'?

Every congrats posts means something to the person being congratulated.  

Message 36 of 56
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@polecat87 wrote:

I like this idea.

Smiley Very Happy Nixon you crack me up! ROFLOL

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 37 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I try. Smiley Happy

Quality is subjective. I suggest a poll on what a quality post actually is to dispell any notions on what is and isn't... "A quality post."
Message 38 of 56
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I try. Smiley Happy

Quality is subjective. I suggest a poll on what a quality post actually is to dispell any notions on what is and isn't... "A quality post."

If posts matter so much to a person I guestion The motive for being on the forum to start with. If I had my choice they wouldn't keep track of any of them. After all this time I can't even buy a cup of coffee with mine. If my Congrats bother people tough. I will continue to congratulate people on their success. It's huge to them and I will continue if you don't like it don't read the approvals. If people spent more time paying it forward in life the world would be a better place in my opinion.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 39 of 56
polecat87
New Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

And who decided what's 'quality'?

Every congrats posts means something to the person being congratulated.  

Apparently, someone did decide posts to SmorgasBoard aren't because they aren't counted.

And although I've never posted a CC approval here, personally I'd rather have one congratulatory post from a user telling me their experience with the card/issuer(or what they've heard is the strong points of the card than a couple dozen generic messages from users who may/may not have read my post. Just sayin'

Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.