Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Reply
Moderator
Posts: 17,443
Registered: ‎12-30-2011

Re: SmorgasBoard Posts No Longer Included in Post Counts


Nixon wrote:

Revelate wrote:

Nixon wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:
Because if I post a "congrats" and then give my experience in a second post I can get 2 posts added to my count, and not one.

Duhhhh
:-P

So if we made SmorgasBoard not count for post count, Can we make Approvals not count either? Smiley Happy

 

I mean.....if post counts don't matter, right?


Why are people so wrapped up in post counts?

 

They're effectively meaningless in my estimation; I don't use that nor length of registration as any criteria as a quality judgement for an individual post or for an user.  Vomit on page does not a useful opinion make.

 

The Approvals forum was created to get the "Oooh shiney!" posts out from where they were distracting everyone; realistically underwriting criteria should be elsewhere.  I'm not certain as to the original rationale for Smorgasboard posts not counting, I wasn't here let alone a moderator when that occurred.  I think everyone might be confused by the "grant more weight" comment Barry made: ranks have been completely revamped since then at least once and I believe twice.  As a result, I don't really think much of it.

 

Also I suspect if we looked at post distribution over the years in this particular board, I suspect it's gone down substantially.  I'd personally be more inclined to make Smorgasboard posts count again instead of Approvals not counting as I think both help drive community and stickiness on the forum which I think is a good thing... though this board doesn't get read much compared to others.  

 

My thoughts anyway.


I could live with this compromise.


I'll bring it up for discussion with the moderators / Admins; can't promise anything as this has been a long standing thing but there's been a number of complaints regarding this stance over time (regarding Approvals and Smorgasboard) doesn't hurt to talk about it.

 

I appreciate folks's feedback as always!

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 758, EX 2 758, EQ 8 795, TU 8 762, EX 8 786 (7/28/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, TU 4 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
Posts: 17,200
Registered: ‎09-27-2014

Re: SmorgasBoard Posts No Longer Included in Post Counts


Revelate wrote:

Nixon wrote:

Revelate wrote:

Nixon wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:
Because if I post a "congrats" and then give my experience in a second post I can get 2 posts added to my count, and not one.

Duhhhh
:-P

So if we made SmorgasBoard not count for post count, Can we make Approvals not count either? Smiley Happy

 

I mean.....if post counts don't matter, right?


Why are people so wrapped up in post counts?

 

They're effectively meaningless in my estimation; I don't use that nor length of registration as any criteria as a quality judgement for an individual post or for an user.  Vomit on page does not a useful opinion make.

 

The Approvals forum was created to get the "Oooh shiney!" posts out from where they were distracting everyone; realistically underwriting criteria should be elsewhere.  I'm not certain as to the original rationale for Smorgasboard posts not counting, I wasn't here let alone a moderator when that occurred.  I think everyone might be confused by the "grant more weight" comment Barry made: ranks have been completely revamped since then at least once and I believe twice.  As a result, I don't really think much of it.

 

Also I suspect if we looked at post distribution over the years in this particular board, I suspect it's gone down substantially.  I'd personally be more inclined to make Smorgasboard posts count again instead of Approvals not counting as I think both help drive community and stickiness on the forum which I think is a good thing... though this board doesn't get read much compared to others.  

 

My thoughts anyway.


I could live with this compromise.


I'll bring it up for discussion with the moderators / Admins; can't promise anything as this has been a long standing thing but there's been a number of complaints regarding this stance over time (regarding Approvals and Smorgasboard) doesn't hurt to talk about it.

 

I appreciate folks's feedback as always!


Good to hear! Look forward to the good news. Smiley Happy

EX FICO  26 INQ  761
EQ FICO  10 INQ  756
TU FICO  12 INQ  770
Total CL$340,00033 TL
Administrator
Posts: 1,253
Registered: ‎03-24-2010

Re: SmorgasBoard Posts No Longer Included in Post Counts

[ Edited ]

We appreciate everyone's feedback.

 

When the decision was made to exclude the Smorgasboard from the ranking structure/post counts, we didn't have all the boards that we currently have.  The decision was made based on the fact that for the most part, the Smorgasboard is a place to discuss all topics not credit-related, so posts here were excluded in order to drive conversation to the relevant credit topic boards in order to rank up in the community.

 

However, the addition of some of the boards recently can also be used as an additional argument either way.  So this is something that will have to be discussed at length among the mods and admins to come to a decision.  I can almost guarantee though that if the Smorgasboard posts are once again counted towards post counts for ranking up, the whole ranking structure will be revamped to reflect that -- which means all the metrics that go into ranking up will be exponentially increased, as well.

Super Contributor
Posts: 17,200
Registered: ‎09-27-2014

Re: SmorgasBoard Posts No Longer Included in Post Counts


KaLin wrote:

We appreciate everyone's feedback.

 

When the decision was made to exclude the Smorgasboard from the ranking structure/post counts, we didn't have all the boards that we currently have.  The decision was made based on the fact that for the most part, the Smorgasboard is a place to discuss all topics not credit-related, so posts here were excluded in order to drive conversation to the relevant credit topic boards in order to rank up in the community.

 

However, the addition of some of the boards recently can also be used as an additional argument either way.  So this is something that will have to be discussed at length among the mods and admins to come to a decision.  I can almost guarantee though that if the Smorgasboard posts are once again counted towards post counts for ranking up, the whole ranking structure will be revamped to reflect that -- which means all the metrics that go into ranking up will be exponentially increased, as well.


All great points, agreeable compromise indeed.

EX FICO  26 INQ  761
EQ FICO  10 INQ  756
TU FICO  12 INQ  770
Total CL$340,00033 TL
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,534
Registered: ‎12-11-2011

Re: SmorgasBoard Posts No Longer Included in Post Counts


Nixon wrote:

KaLin wrote:

We appreciate everyone's feedback.

 

When the decision was made to exclude the Smorgasboard from the ranking structure/post counts, we didn't have all the boards that we currently have.  The decision was made based on the fact that for the most part, the Smorgasboard is a place to discuss all topics not credit-related, so posts here were excluded in order to drive conversation to the relevant credit topic boards in order to rank up in the community.

 

However, the addition of some of the boards recently can also be used as an additional argument either way.  So this is something that will have to be discussed at length among the mods and admins to come to a decision.  I can almost guarantee though that if the Smorgasboard posts are once again counted towards post counts for ranking up, the whole ranking structure will be revamped to reflect that -- which means all the metrics that go into ranking up will be exponentially increased, as well.


All great points, agreeable compromise indeed.


Can we wait to increase all the metrics for ranking up until after I get epic contributor. 

 

Or just give me my own rank that no one else can have. Smiley Tongue 

 

What is life without a cool myfico rank. I don't even know. 



Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 17,200
Registered: ‎09-27-2014

Re: SmorgasBoard Posts No Longer Included in Post Counts


jsucool76 wrote:

Nixon wrote:

KaLin wrote:

We appreciate everyone's feedback.

 

When the decision was made to exclude the Smorgasboard from the ranking structure/post counts, we didn't have all the boards that we currently have.  The decision was made based on the fact that for the most part, the Smorgasboard is a place to discuss all topics not credit-related, so posts here were excluded in order to drive conversation to the relevant credit topic boards in order to rank up in the community.

 

However, the addition of some of the boards recently can also be used as an additional argument either way.  So this is something that will have to be discussed at length among the mods and admins to come to a decision.  I can almost guarantee though that if the Smorgasboard posts are once again counted towards post counts for ranking up, the whole ranking structure will be revamped to reflect that -- which means all the metrics that go into ranking up will be exponentially increased, as well.


All great points, agreeable compromise indeed.


Can we wait to increase all the metrics for ranking up until after I get epic contributor. 

 

Or just give me my own rank that no one else can have. Smiley Tongue 

 

What is life without a cool myfico rank. I don't even know. 


Oh hush, you're already senior contributor! Smiley Tongue

EX FICO  26 INQ  761
EQ FICO  10 INQ  756
TU FICO  12 INQ  770
Total CL$340,00033 TL

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.