cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I got a seasonal job...anyone else?????

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

So I got a seasonal job...anyone else?????

to help with the winter blues.  I will be working at a candle co at our local mall through the end of the year.  I feel so bleak during the dark evenings of winter.

It's not a lot of money, but I can stock up on my candles and make enough cash to help pay down a couple of medical bills. 

Anyone else working seasonally this year? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: So I got a seasonal job...anyone else?????

Message 2 of 12
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

to help with the winter blues.  I will be working at a candle co at our local mall through the end of the year.  I feel so bleak during the dark evenings of winter.

It's not a lot of money, but I can stock up on my candles and make enough cash to help pay down a couple of medical bills. 

Anyone else working seasonally this year? 

^^^^^^^^

Is it Yankee Candle since that's the only one Ive seen in the mall; I work a PT job, teaching at a couple colleges; but I don't consider it seasonal, maybe Fall and Spring semesters if that's seasonal Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Agree with Kenny I also need one, never thought about this.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes I think it would be nice to get something PT or seasonal, but my FT has me working 70+ hours a week.  There's no way I could ever find the time!

Message 5 of 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sometimes I think it would be nice to get something PT or seasonal, but my FT has me working 70+ hours a week.  There's no way I could ever find the time!

Um I think your fine thats alot of hours.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Except I'm not paid hourly... 

Message 7 of 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Except I'm not paid hourly... 

then your salary?

Message 8 of 12
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Not seasonally for me I had to pick up 2 extra side jobs I do year round to keep up with the bills.

House cleaning and yard maintenance, woo hoo!  Its not too bad as long as you dont start to think on the fact you really have no days off, ever. Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 12
morganfofo
Valued Member

I hated being on salary. It looked like good money but when all was said and done I was making less than minimum per hour. all the crap I dealt with at that job was not worth it.
EQ: 603 as of 6/1/15
TU: 608 as of 6/1/15
EX: 612 as of 6/1/15

Gardening til January 2016!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.