cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So my neighbors cat just had her babies and one of the babies looks just like one of my cats....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So my neighbors cat just had her babies and one of the babies looks just like one of my cats....

I have two solid grey male cats that are about 3 years old. I had them both neutered two years ago. There are no other cats around that look like mine at all.

Now the neighbor cat has babies that look like mine?

How could that be???

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Re: So my neighbors cat just had her babies and one of the babies looks just like one of my cats....

You should ask your cats what they have been doing. Smiley Happy You should do it seperatly, one will rat out the other.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 2 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: So my neighbors cat just had her babies and one of the babies looks just like one of my cats....

Any Siamese males in the neighborhood? Sometimes half-Siamese cats come out all grey. Soon as they meow, the secret is out. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dizbuster wrote:
You should ask your cats what they have been doing. Smiley Happy You should do it seperatly, one will rat out the other.

Woman Very Happy
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Any Siamese males in the neighborhood? Sometimes half-Siamese cats come out all grey. Soon as they meow, the secret is out. Smiley Wink
no Siamese but there is a Himalayan
Message 5 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, and of course, another possibility is that whoever was your cats' daddy is still in business, so to speak!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

good to see your neighbor cares about the ever-growing pet population.  It's the females that need neutering.  SAD!!!!

Message 7 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, don't know about the neighbor, but we had a cat who had kittens because she turned up already pregnant. And of course, she was spayed after the kittens were weaned.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley HappyWTG    I've got two, both spayed and neutered.  one was abused, one homeless. LOVE LOVE them.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Siamese mixes are often black. I've never heard of the gray thing but that's cool. Could make sense since the charcoal gray (blue) is the dliuted form of black. Lot's of black cats have those gray/blue kittens. What I can say for sure is those Meezers have big mouths. I've got one that completely runs my house. Half the time she sounds like she's part Lamb. 

One litter of kittens can have all kitties that look NOTHING like one another. There doens't need to be a Daddy around to make the colors from the current litter, the genetics of cat colors is pretty crazy. I had a chart handy a while back but it was another computer. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.