Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what would you guys do?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: So what would you guys do?

@MidnightVoice wrote:
Some of us used to drive Beetles back when they were really Beetles - no fuel gauge, almost no heating, go almost anywhere in the snow  Smiley Very Happy
Back in the late sixties, my father used to say that the only drivers he feared were teenaged boys in pick-ups and teenaged girls in Beetles. He figured both groups had a death-wish.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 24
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:
Some of us used to drive Beetles back when they were really Beetles - no fuel gauge, almost no heating, go almost anywhere in the snow  Smiley Very Happy
Back in the late sixties, my father used to say that the only drivers he feared were teenaged boys in pick-ups and teenaged girls in Beetles. He figured both groups had a death-wish.

How about teenage boys who picked up girls in Beetles?

Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 24
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

How about teenage boys who picked up girls in Beetles?

Smiley Very Happy

Impossible...they were virgins who never scored!Smiley Tongue
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know this goes both ways....I hate it when I have to drive dh's truck to work when he has to get the kids from school. It has hunting stickers all over it and the whole back window is done in "Real Tree camo". The only thing worse was when he used to chew tobacco and make me go buy him some while at grocery store. I would alway have someone say something like "you know chewing is bad for you"! Gawd that used to tick me off.
Message 14 of 24
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Aww wildcat, you don't like to put a l'il snuff between your cheek and gums?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejer wrote:
Aww wildcat, you don't like to put a l'il snuff between your cheek and gums?

would rather go skin tag picking than try that stuff!!! :/
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW and I bought a minivan in 2005 when the 2nd kid came along. We coulda put 2 car seats in the back of our Saturn SW2, and in fact there still are 2 cars seats (at times) in the back of it.

In truth, we didn't need the minivan. One car woulda been fine for a bit longer. However, fall of 2005, when our son started pre-school, yeah, a second vehicle woulda been a good choice bordering on need.

Had I known then what I know now, I woulda bought a Prius (for me) and let DW keep driving the SW2. She loved it, but now that she's been minivanized she hates it.

Message 17 of 24
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

psychic wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

Remember how noisy those old VW Beetles were?  They sounded like they were going to explode when they accelerated. 

Noisy, cold, rattled and rolled.  But they always started and always got me where I was going
Message 18 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:
Some of us used to drive Beetles back when they were really Beetles - no fuel gauge, almost no heating, go almost anywhere in the snow Smiley Very Happy
Remember how noisy those old VW Beetles were? They sounded like they were going to explode when they accelerated.
Noisy, cold, rattled and rolled. But they always started and always got me where I was going

Imagine if they could have ever gotten a legal version of a Citroen 2CV Duck in the US. Now there's a scary thought!

What would it do? --about 45 mph with a tailwind? But just steer it off the road, take out the seat, and have a picnic. Fun car, in a very nutty French way.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 24
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

The two horses was a great city car - me mate had one in London  Smiley Very Happy
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.