Some People!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some People!!

@gibeon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gibeon wrote:
I love CK reviews. Findng good reviews is like a treasure hunt for a pristine sapling among a horde of ravenous beavers - dangerous, but rewarding.

I'm actually pretty surprised when I get a decent approval. If I were an underwriter reviewing someone with my profile, I decline them with a hearty chuckle.

And Bu Yao, I'm definitely going to track down your reviews... And then give them a thumbs down! Smiley Happy

What makes you say "I'm actually pretty surprised when I get a decent approval. If I were an underwriter reviewing someone with my profile, I decline them with a hearty chuckle."?

From 2011ish - I have about 80 lates from my student loans (2 accounts per semester, combined with a miscommunication about deferment status,- and I think almost all of them are 120-day lates), 3-4  Collections (depending on report) that were only paid/settled in mid-June 2015, and a couple of charge offs. Also, in the last year (since February 14th, 2015) I've opened 34 new cards for about 52000 in SLs, closed 15 of them (store and secured cards), and am up to 96000 in credit limits with CLI's (including subtracting out the closed cards).

Don't get me wrong, I'm super-appreciative of the creditors willing to give me cards, I just find it surprising that rebuilding has been this "easy."  If I had to guess, I think I'm getting a lot of "benefit of the doubt" from having a really strong AAoA - still over 4 years, even with all the new accounts - and from paying/settling the old debts. 

Finally, I'm blacklisted from CreditOne. I find this absolutely hilarious. I did burn them on during my last rebuild that I was in the middle of when 2011 went to crap for me.

Ok, I see now. I might be surprised as well, don't take that the wrong way as I do not mean anything bad by it. I was in the same position a while back. When I turned 18 I didn't care about my credit, I was getting approved for everything. My mom had cosigned a capital one card for me when I was 15 so my credit was descent at 18. By 20 my credit wass sot, on top of the cards that got charged off I had about 15k in medical bills in collections. I think it took me about 2 years to get my credit back in order and was surprised when I got approvals.

Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.