cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some one tried to my jeep their punishment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some one tried to my jeep their punishment?

My jeep was getting new carpet and running boards. They tried to steal it from the shop and did about $2K damage interior damage ,  cut  electrical wires,  cracked one glass pane. The idiot was stupid enough he could not steal it but did drop his wallet and car keys in my jeep.  (lol)   What should I do to them 1)  let   the cops only handle this?  2) tar and feather him? 3) Use him for target practise?  (don't think the cops would like this one)  4) What do you think I should do whith him    open for ideas   

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Some one tried to my jeep their punishment?

@Anonymous wrote:

My jeep was getting new carpet and running boards. They tried to steal it from the shop and did about $2K damage interior damage ,  cut  electrical wires,  cracked one glass pane. The idiot was stupid enough he could not steal it but did drop his wallet and car keys in my jeep.  (lol)   What should I do to them 1)  let   the cops only handle this?  2) tar and feather him? 3) Use him for target practise?  (don't think the cops would like this one)  4) What do you think I should do whith him    open for ideas   

Definitely give what you found to the police, sorry to hear about the damage, this is why we can't have nice thingsSmiley Mad

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Discover.  The shop called first to ask if the keys were  mine as they were inside the car on the seat.  Once I said no they called the cops who picked them up.  The police station is only 4 blocks away.  They cops said tarp up the  Jeep to protect any possible finger prints.   While they were securing the tarp they found the wallet.  The cops then came and picked that up.  They 1) have not fingered printed my Jeep and its been since Wednesday 2) the Detective will not return my calls.  Whats strange since they could not steal my Jeep they stole a Dodge Durrango that was in for bad motor repairs and barely started.  It had a blown piston?  We all thought that the car could not be driven 1 mile but it has not turned up yet.  Now I am in limbo since they cannot touch my Jeep until the cops take the fingerprints.  My insurance co did give me a Santa Fe to drive in the mean time. 

Message 3 of 7
Caleb87
New Contributor

Leave the key in next time? We keep praying for someone to steal our jeep 😂
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where I live jeeps are the #1 stolen suv.  FYI They are still repairing mine. $4K damageso far. . The nice litle suv thieft damaged every thing eletrical. We still have 3 shorts to go. 

Message 5 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

@Caleb87 wrote:
Leave the key in next time? We keep praying for someone to steal our jeep 😂

Better yet lets play Strangers On a Train.  You get rid of my car (so I can get the S5) and I'll get rid of your car.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 7
DUISlayer
Regular Contributor

With the wallet and keys inside of the vehicle, that is enough. They don't NEED to fingerprint your Jeep. If you can't get in touch with the detective, request a supervisor. If you're insistent on having the vehicle processed for fingerprints, explain to them that you can't do anything with it because of their procrastination. Stay on them. I've been in law enforcement for over 10 years. Vehicle burglaries and attempted vehicle thefts don't often get solved, but with a wallet and keys that aren't yours found in the vehicle, they should be all over it since it's a case they can actually solve.

$1,500        $4,500        $1,000        $1,000       $13,500       $3,100        $1,000        $1,000        $15,000
     5/06           7/07            5/11            8/17            8/17           9/17           10/17         10/17          10/17

FICO 8 as of 11/4/17: EQ 674, TU 679, EX 665 | Gardening commenced Friday the 13th (10/13/17) | Next app: Oct '18 - 2nd AMEX

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.