Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

Sooooo sick of AT&T crap....any recommendation for cell phone service?....

I'm sick of AT&T lying reps with everything.

I wonder what you think of Cricket services?

BK7 Filed 3/15, Discharged 6/15
Starting FICO: 7/05/15: EQ: 490, TU: 497, EX: 477
Current FICO 5/16/17: EQ: 691, TU: 693, EX: 706
/i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w485/oldschoolmafia/862xJzu_zpsvmvl11zb.png" height="50" title="American Express Blue Cash Everyday (AUTHORIZED USER): SL $2,000 Opened January 2016, Now $12,000ms/w485/oldschoolmafia/quick-silver_zps28kb8iko.jpg" height="50" title="Capital One Quicksilver: SL $3,000 Opened April 9 2016, now $6,500 CL!">
Visitor

Re: Sooooo sick of AT&T crap....any recommendation for cell phone service?....

[ Edited ]

CAMailman wrote:

I'm sick of AT&T lying reps with everything.

I wonder what you think of Cricket services?

Depending on your data use and budget, I would consider Google Project Fi, but it might require changing phones depending what you have now -- only a small subset of Android devices are 100% compatible, but once a SIM is activated on a supported device you may try (unofficially) switching to other hardware.  https://fi.google.com/about/faq/#supported-devices

While I don't use it myself yet, I signed my mom up for the service, previously having been on T-Mobile and AT&T/Cingular before that.  With Project Fi, her bill with less than 1GB data usage averages below $30 per month.  The base plan charge is $20, with data billed at $10 per 1GB, but any unused data is credited back at approximately one cent per MB.  For example, if you use just 1.5 GB of data you'll pay only ~$15 for that data, instead of $20 for 2GB, on top of the $20 base charge (plus minimal taxes).  Project Fi let's you pre-pay for data from 1GB to 10GB, but they still credit you back on your statement for any unused data, even if you prepaid for more.

https://fi.google.com/about/

If you might be interested, Google Project Fi rewards $20 to both the referrer and the person being referred with a $20 credit.

Referral Link for $20 credit after 30 days: <mod edit>

Referral Terms: https://fi.google.com/about/referral-tos/

I'm sorry, referral links aren't permitted on myFICO.  --UncleB, myFICO Moderator

-- 
Quality Assurance
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

I'm pretty thrifty when it comes to cell service. I just grab a sim card from walmart and use straight talk on my own Note7/S7 edge.  The service is great in this area. I pay $55 per month for 10 gigs of 4G.

vgyhbjnmk.jpg

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd look into Family Mobile. It's basically T-Mobile through Wal-Mart. You can bring any phone you like in, and the plans are very cheap. 

Plans start at $25/mo for unlimited talk, text, 4g, + 1GB LTE. They go up to $50/mo which includes 13GB LTE/mo. Check out the link in my previous paragraph.

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 11.14.06.png

Valued Contributor

For California...my vote is TMobile or Google Fi.

I'm a single line, an unlocked Android and use my phone as a wifi hotspot. T-Mobile was the cheaper choice.

T-Mobile Tuesdays are 50/50 on getting good stuff in my opinion. DoC posts about it as well. Idk if it's still going, but they gave me a share of stock, TMUS, when I joined. Maybe happy since I said I was leaving Verizon after 15 years!

Coverage isn't bad for heavy towered California. I stay relatively metro in SoCal.
Starting Score: (8/15) EQ 592 TU 572 EX 600
Current Score: (4/17) EQ 693TU 691 EX 697
I flew for free and it was glorious. I love butter.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.