cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports Authority closing for good! All 450 stores!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sport authority closing all its store

great I wanted to get something from sport authority and got their store card. Haven't even receive my card yet and got an email saying they r closing all their stores and won't be accepting their card as payment no more starting May 25th 2015. Great just great

Message 11 of 14
degs138
Established Contributor

Re: Sport authority closing all its store

That sucks, crapy use of a HP.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 12 of 14
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Re: Sport authority closing all its store

@Anonymous wrote:

great I wanted to get something from sport authority and got their store card. Haven't even receive my card yet and got an email saying they r closing all their stores and won't be accepting their card as payment no more starting May 25th 2015. Great just great

That's just not fair. Dang.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 13 of 14
gibeon
Established Contributor

Re: Sports Authority closing for good! All 450 stores!

Just stopped by "my" local Sports Authority. I think I know why they're going out of business.

I'm in the market for a treadmill, and ALL of their treadmills are at twice the price of anywhere else, AND they're excluded from the 10% off minimum.

Maybe they weren't that expensive before the closing sale, but still... when Bed Bath and Beyond sells the same treadmill for 50% less...
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.