Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starwood - Marriott Merger

tag
Longroad
Established Contributor

Starwood - Marriott Merger

I just received an email about the Starwood-Marriott merger and it appears that there will not be anything done for a while. This is a part of the email:

"In fact, we don’t anticipate launching a newly combined program until 2018. This means SPG will continue to run separately until then. In the meantime, we’re actively exploring ways to build bridges between the two programs to further enhance your experience."

So for now they will continue to operate seperately and hopefully they will raise Marriott rewards to the level of SPG. Time will tell.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Starwood - Marriott Merger

I also got an email now from Marriott regarding the Starwood merger. I hope this produces a much better loyalty program for Marriott.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bruh, Marriott's acquisition History is not on SPG's/Starwood's side. Really hoping for the best as I get crazy value out of Starpoints (~3.5 cents per point). It'll be a sad day when I lose that.

Message 3 of 11
Open123
Super Contributor

@Longroad wrote:

So for now they will continue to operate seperately and hopefully they will raise Marriott rewards to the level of SPG. Time will tell.

We'll be visited by Aliens before that happens.

Message 4 of 11
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Two large coporations merging?  Seems like the reward point value could only go one way, down.

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

When i tried to search for available nights at marriott, it showed to me that $99 room can be booked for 1,500,000.00 points!! please someone tell me its some glitch in the system..

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Bruh, Marriott's acquisition History is not on SPG's/Starwood's side. Really hoping for the best as I get crazy value out of Starpoints (~3.5 cents per point). It'll be a sad day when I lose that.

+1000. Agree, unfortunately.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@Longroad wrote:

We'll be visited by Aliens before that happens.

Absolutely agree. Love Starwood and do not like Marriott, either.

Message 8 of 11
redpat
Senior Contributor

Their a GIANT.

They don't have to give more or improve rewards.

I don't see any benefits to cardholders.

Locations, locations and more locations, they have them all.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 9 of 11
pennccrn
New Contributor

I assume when SPG merges with Marriot, I'll likely get rid of the SPG AmEx, does anyone know of a similar card that they might jump ship to?

Discover It 12.5K; AmEx SPG 17.5K; Arrival+ WE BarclayCard 18K; BankAmericard Cash 10.5K; Citi Double Cash 8.1K; Credit Union Card 5K; Target Redcard 1K

Starting Score: TU 620 EX 535 EQ 615
Current Score: TU 818 EX 815 EQ 807
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.