Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stimulus Direct Deposits for 5/16 question

tag
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Stimulus Direct Deposits for 5/16 question

I know there are some other threads running on the Stimulus payouts, however for the people in the last batch of direct deposits slated for this week, have any of you gotten any payout info from the IRS website as of yes. Im suppose to get a DD this week but I still have no info showing on the wheres my rebate link. I wanted to get a concensus from others in this batch before I call the IRS and ask them what the issue is.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Stimulus Direct Deposits for 5/16 question

@chartley3 wrote:
I know there are some other threads running on the Stimulus payouts, however for the people in the last batch of direct deposits slated for this week, have any of you gotten any payout info from the IRS website as of yes. Im suppose to get a DD this week but I still have no info showing on the wheres my rebate link. I wanted to get a concensus from others in this batch before I call the IRS and ask them what the issue is.

It says specifically on the IRS website that your payment information cannot be looked up until the expected date of payment. So if you're due to get in on May 16, then don't try to look for it until May 16.

From the IRS website:

"Expecting your payment? A new, interactive, online tool, called Where’s My Stimulus Payment?, is now available for you to check the amount and status of your economic stimulus payment. However, please wait to use this tool until on or after the scheduled date of your payment as listed in the schedule (link above), since your payment information will not be available on the tool until that time."
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was supposed to get my refund by May 9, and lo-and-behold .... it was direct deposited on May 9.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does say that you can't use the feature until AFTER your payment was supposed to be mailed/deposited.

By the schedule ours would be mail BY June 20th. Our information has been showing for a week. But two friends aren't.

We get a paper check. In the mail today was our notice that said how much we were getting and that we would have the payment BY May 16th, although the website says it will be mailed BY May 16th.

So, who knows...............................
Message 4 of 9
aaagirl
New Contributor

I checked on the IRS site under "where's my stimulus payment" this morning, and nothing showed.  I checked again tonight and the information was there.  It must have updated some time today...try it again.  My stated that it will be in my account friday.

~aaagirl1
FICO SCORES:
>8/11/07 TU: 572 EXP: 586 EQ: 542
1/15/08 TU: 620 EXP: 642 EQ: 655
Message 5 of 9
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Just checked the site and my info was updated as well. $2400 will be DD on Friday Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, since we didn't get a refund (we owed), even though we filed electronically and paid electronically, we're getting a paper stimulus check in the mail, correct? And it will be at least 6 weeks after we filed, which was April 13, lol, correct? (They did process it on the 15th.)

Here's what I found in their FAQ's (emphasis mine):
Q. I filed my return on time, but I haven’t received my stimulus payment, even though the payment date listed for my Social Security number has passed. Why?

A. In general, the payment schedule only applies if your return was received and the IRS finished processing your return before April 15. If you filed your return on time, but close to the April 15 deadline, the IRS may not have finished processing it before April 15.

Processing times for tax returns and stimulus payments vary. If you are getting a regular income-tax refund, the IRS will send you that refund first. Normally, your stimulus payment will follow one to two weeks later.

If you are not expecting a regular tax refund, your stimulus payment should arrive a minimum of six weeks after you file.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 9
Scamp
Valued Contributor

FWIW, I'm at the lower end of the #'s due to get their DD's by 5/16 - is showing as pending this morning, on my acct.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 8 of 9
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

If you are not expecting a regular tax refund, your stimulus payment should arrive a minimum of six weeks after you file.

Hmm. They mention a minimum amount of time before you'd receive your rebate, but they don't mention a maximum....

Interpreted strictly, this would suggest that you might not receive your payment for a very, very, very long time.

Smiley Happy Just trying to cause trouble!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.