Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock market thoughts?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Stock market thoughts?

I have a feeling the market will top out not much higher.

Now seems to be a good time to push some funds towards things such as gold mining companies and such. I had this feeling yesterday and today the market acted as I thought it would.

I am hoping I am wrong and might hold off a little while before shifting some funds.

Thoughts?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Stock market thoughts?

I keep hearing a reoccurring theme. This is the time to invest and take advantage of low rates.

In some ways I disagree. 

The boom is the time to pay off debts. Live frugally in preparation of the next recession no matter how close or how far. Be ready to infuse funds into the market during another crash.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 11
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I'm took a gamble earlier this week, dumped my MDIHX, and am pushing into lower grade US holdings. Too much speculation, and a lot of people are getting nervous.
Message 3 of 11
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I am keeping an eye on USAGX. Hoping gold takes one more dip...

I think it has some long term potential. Might have missed the boat on the best value though. Fingers crossed it will dip again and I'll buy some up.

Message 4 of 11
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

High 13's, with 3%+ ytd. It'll be a safe hold, but it'll drop more yet.
Message 5 of 11
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I sold off some silver right before the market boomed. Made a good amount on it, but didn't reinvest like I should have. Not sure where the money went...haha

Message 6 of 11
HiLine
Blogger

There has been a major pullback in the last 2 weeks but things seem to be settled for now. With clear signs of recovery, I believe the stock market can maintain its momentum even if the Fed terminates quantitative easing. When the crisis was underway the economy was still accumulating cash, and the whole purpose of QE's was to encourage corporations to spend their cash on capital investment. Once they are convinced of the full recovery, we'll see the economy get back on track to where it would've been without the recession.

Message 7 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

If you understand the stock market and can predict where it is going, you should be so rich that you don't need credit  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 11
HiLine
Blogger

@MidnightVoice wrote:

If you understand the stock market and can predict where it is going, you should be so rich that you don't need credit  Smiley Very Happy

You still need a capital base to make any significant amount of money. 100% annual return doesn't do you much good if you start with $500. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 11
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

I wish I could cash out my 401k and get all my money out of the stock market. That place scares me!!

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.