Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stoooopid customers!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stoooopid customers!

I'm also one of those people.  Fish, you'd probably hate it if I ever came into your store. Smiley Very Happy

I understand that the clerks and customer service people and security people and so on all want to leave.  I'm sorry they want to go home, but if the store closes at 10:00, I find it rude when they start pushing me towards the door at 9:45.

If my lollygagging causes them to leave work at 10:05 instead of 10:00, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

fishbjc wrote:
Actually Ched....we did refuse a sale.  A customer slipped through the cracks and was in the store at 10:15pm.  The registers were closed.  We offered to put her cart on hold and she could return the next day to purchase it with a 10% coupon.  We were nice about it, but once the registers are closed, they're closed.

Some people have a sense of *entitlement*...I guess closing doesn't really mean closing, lol! 

Well, sure, you refuse a sale at 10:15 when the registers are already closed.  But you wouldn't refuse a sale at 10:01, would you?  That's my point.  Customers know you won't refuse their sale as long as they get there within a couple of minutes of closing time, so they're certainly not in any hurry to finish up and get to the register 10 minutes before closing time.

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

fishbjc wrote:
Everyone wants to go home after a long day and they should be able to.   

True, and some are trying to go home after a long day and need to stop by the store and pick up a few things instead of spending $4 a gal on gas and driving back to the store when it is more convenient for the employees.

A store that does not build in a little wiggle room on closing is not being managered properly.

The retail store my friend works in schedules closing shift on 7 hour shifts, leaving an hour of wiggle room for closing.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 07-25-2008 07:43 AM
Message 13 of 33
demi
Established Contributor

There are times I have been guilty, but its rarely something like I just came in.  There are times I have gone shopping with friends, and we may have literaly been in the store for hours.  I am not going to feel guilty if I have hundreds of dollars worth of stuff and check out at 10:01.

What would bug me if I was retail are the people on cell phones in line, who can't even be bothered to hang up while the transaction is being done.  It takes longer, therefore making the line longer, and its rude.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it funny because for some reason customers seem to think that most retail clerks have some sort of say in policy. HaHa! Unless its a small business, most of us have absolutely no say in what policy dictates.  If policy dictates that you do not get paid past 10--even when there are customers still in the store, I would be rushing people out to.  I have worked for smaller businesses also and they are actually a lot nastier about people being in the store after hours. I guess people forget that clerks have had a hard day at work, too, and would really like to go home themselves at  a reasonable time.

I have never worked for a place that allowed cell phones for anyone, but customers that are so rude that they can't even give you two seconds to let you know if they want paper or plastic.

Just remember, I work for the government, and your taxes pay for every bit of overtime I have for every customer who decides to walk in after closing and shop.

Message Edited by mbush12 on 07-25-2008 02:17 PM
Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never went to the store at the last minute, I always leave time to get out before closing. But on the other hand I do most of my shopping at a Wal-Mart that is open 24/7 so I don't really have to worry about closing. I worked briefly at a WalGreens over Christmas time and it was crazzy. My feet hurt all of the time, and there was a toy that played music that the kids would not stop playing with - it just drove me crazy. But I feel for them people working check out, I am always patient with them and try to get through quickly, I always help pack the bags if I can.
Message 16 of 33
dizzier
Established Contributor

actually, at the store i worked at, all but one register went offline exactly at closing, and if we had already started counting the cash in the open register, then the customers were screwed, no matter how full their carts were.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a clerk at walmart literally follow me around until I left at walmart christmas eve.  Sorry, but it was the ONLY place still open for forgotten supplies and they were open for 15 more minutes.. it was REALLY FUNNY though.. "Ma'am... LADIES.. we're closing now... "Ok, yes sir!  I'm on my way to the register right now...  "MA'AM.. we're closing.... ..
Message 18 of 33
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The people that I feel most sorry for on the face of the earth are Walgreen's drug store employees. Some of their stores are open 24/7, no matter what.

A close second would be those who receive gifts purchased at Walgreen's at 3 a.m. on Christmas day. Why yes, dear, I really wanted a stuffed moose that sings "Jingle Bells." And a Merry Christmas to you too, dear.

(Mental note to yank the good present out from under the tree and return it for credit.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 33
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

It's not 10:05 Cheddar....more like 10:20 or 10:30.  

When the closing announcements begin at 9:45, that's plenty of time to get their azzes into line.  10:05 is fine, but if the customer doesn't get into line until 10:00, that holds up about half a dozen people who work there.  Unfortunately, it's reflected in the prices, then the customers crab because the sales aren't as *good*.  The managers, usually two closing, one service desk employee, one security and two on the floor must stay until the doors are locked.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.