Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange icons

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Strange icons

Or perhaps I should say lack of icons. For several weeks now when I go to reply to a post it looks like this:

Icons.JPG

I don't think it's forum problem but I don't know. Anyone else see something like this?

I am using Firefox 33.1.1.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Strange icons

Repying to this thread my Icon bar is normal i have not seen your icon format before.

Message 2 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@credit-hunter wrote:

Repying to this thread my Icon bar is normal i have not seen your icon format before.

Thanks for the feedback. I must have changed some kind of setting in FF. The problem is figuring out which one.

Message 3 of 13
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@credit-hunter wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. I must have changed some kind of setting in FF. The problem is figuring out which one.

Not sure, that's weird. Just loaded up the same version of FF to double check, and my icons display correctly.

Message 4 of 13
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@credit-hunter wrote:

Do you have quite a bit of changes present in FF? If not, you could try restoring to defaults.

Message 5 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@credit-hunter wrote:

Do you have quite a bit of changes present in FF? If not, you could try restoring to defaults.

I've thought about that but I'm not sure what all I'd lose if anything.

Message 6 of 13
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Firefox has the sync feature so that if you have an account with them, you'll get everything back everytime you sign on regardless of which computer (you'll get your bookmarks, tabs, etc back).

Message 7 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@eddie84 wrote:

Firefox has the sync feature so that if you have an account with them, you'll get everything back everytime you sign on regardless of which computer (you'll get your bookmarks, tabs, etc back).

Thanks. I might try that.

ETA: Nope, Didn't work. I still get the same thing.

Message 8 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I finally reset FF to default settings and it appears to have fixed the problem.

But I shouldn't have had to do that.  Smiley Mad

Thanks to all the feedback.

Message 9 of 13
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@credit-hunter wrote:

I've thought about that but I'm not sure what all I'd lose if anything.

I'm running 33.1.1, and having no problems. Try clearing cache, cookies, and update your "add ons" like flash, and such. Reboot the whole shebang.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.