cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid "name" question for Lowe's card holders...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stupid "name" question for Lowe's card holders...

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the replies guys.  I was 99.9% sure that they capitalized last names as standard protocol, but just messed up with mine.  I just wanted to get verification to be sure here.

I mean really, how hard is it for a CS person to fix this.  Click on the last name field, highlight a lowercase character and hit shift+that character.  How long does that take?

Have you worked in big corporate IT?   We would estimate, oh, 500 person hours, to analyze the problem, make sure there are no other impacts, add code to allow a CSR to make the change with appropriate permissions, staging and testing of the change, and then a production deployment...  better make that 750 hours!   

...and 18 months later...

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_hawk wrote:

If I didn't know any better I'd think there was a national banking conspiracy to mess up your name on your accounts. First your suffix and now this?! We're on to them...

Surprisingly, they actually got my suffix correct.  And, they even capitalized it!  This is the first time ever on any account I've had in 20+ years though that I've had a lowercase last name.

Message 12 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

My Lowe's is fine.  The fact that my Amazon card (also Synchrony) reads like John q Public (lower case middle initial) HAS always bugged me, so you're not alone.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever shoot an online message to CS about your middle initial?  I'd be curious to know what answer you get back... either a "we'll look into it" or a "we can't change it."

Message 14 of 24
Simply827
Established Contributor

It makes me crazy when the creditors list my address as:

Apt 2

123 Fake Street

Anytown, PA 00000

I change it back and it always ends up the same way. 

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 15 of 24
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

It makes me crazy when the creditors list my address as:

Apt 2

123 Fake Street

Anytown, PA 00000

I change it back and it always ends up the same way. 

I know. Even one of them sent me a letter saying that they are changing my address on file because they received information from USPS that the correct address is just as you put it. Other say that my address was wrong (how I put it) and that the correct address is just like that, and no way for me to change it.

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your pain. I have an AMEX Bluebird card that I use solely for 'Walmart bucks' on their 'Savings Catcher' app.. Every other card in my wallet has my middle initial except that one came without it.. Made no real difference function-wise, but bothered the hell out of me with my OCD.. Took half a dozen calls to customer service and two replacement cards sent out to fix it.
Message 17 of 24
JamP
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

My Lowe's is fine.  The fact that my Amazon card (also Synchrony) reads like John q Public (lower case middle initial) HAS always bugged me, so you're not alone.

My Sams Club is fine but my Amazon is exactly like yours J am P and I did ask and they said it is nothing to bother about.

It did bother me when I first signed in but I always figure don't poke the bear and try to change things up or they might close all of our cards...

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 18 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

If you have a suffix that's causing the problem.  Smiley Wink

On Lowe's my last name also has a lower-case first character, but 'Jr' is capitalized... it's the same on Belk (their sites are carbon-copies of each other). 

Sam's has a redesigned website; at the very top of the screen where my entire name is shown my last name is capitalized, but the suffix isn't.

These are just idiosyncrasies of Synchrony, and yet another 'blessing' of having a name with a suffix. 

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

If you have a suffix that's causing the problem.  Smiley Wink

On Lowe's my last name also has a lower-case first character, but 'Jr' is capitalized... it's the same on Belk (their sites are carbon-copies of each other). 

Sam's has a redesigned website; at the very top of the screen where my entire name is shown my last name is capitalized, but the suffix isn't.

These are just idiosyncrasies of Synchrony, and yet another 'blessing' of having a name with a suffix. 

Ah, you may be on to something here Uncle B...

Perhaps with the presence of a suffix, the last name is not capitalized?  Does anyone with a suffix have a capitalized last name?

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.