cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions & Tips for Mexican Cruise...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestions & Tips for Mexican Cruise...

Hi all!

My wife & I are going on a Mexican Riviera cruise in August and we have NEVER went on cruise before. Any suggestions and tips (cruise, beers Smiley Very Happy, excurisions, etc...) are appreicated! We'll go to Cabo and Puerto Vallatra via Carnival ship.

Thanks & Cheers!

CAMailman

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suggestions & Tips for Mexican Cruise...

I've actually been on that cruise!! If you and your wife like to drink alcohol then I recommend getting the drink package which allows you to get 15 alcoholic beverages per day. I think it comes out to $50 a day. It also includes free soda during the cruise. The first time I went on a cruise I got super sea sick so I learned my lesson and got a sea sickness patch from my doctor next time I went on a cruise. Cabo is super fun but I personally loved Puerto Vallarta. It's kind of like Miami with a beautiful boardwalk with all kinds of shops and restaurants along the water. I wouln't get the cruise excusions, they are a ripoff. You can get the excursions from the locals at 1/3 of the cost. I truly loved the 24/7 frozen yogurt machine. I think I had 2 a day. lol. It's a really good time. Enjoy!! 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've actually been on that cruise!! If you and your wife like to drink alcohol then I recommend getting the drink package which allows you to get 15 alcoholic beverages per day. I think it comes out to $50 a day. It also includes free soda during the cruise. The first time I went on a cruise I got super sea sick so I learned my lesson and got a sea sickness patch from my doctor next time I went on a cruise. Cabo is super fun but I personally loved Puerto Vallarta. It's kind of like Miami with a beautiful boardwalk with all kinds of shops and restaurants along the water. I wouln't get the cruise excusions, they are a ripoff. You can get the excursions from the locals at 1/3 of the cost. I truly loved the 24/7 frozen yogurt machine. I think I had 2 a day. lol. It's a really good time. Enjoy!! 

Thanks, Stevie119!

I did not want to purchase thru cruise for any excursions because they're rip off but where to go for excursions in both ports? Any recommenations? Smiley Happy

How's the drinking (bars) in these ports? is Cabo Wabo good as they say?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When we docked we got a ride with a taxi and asked hiim to take us to a spot for snorkeling. So we went off the recommendation of the taxi driver. It was awesome! And while were on the beach, there was parasailing, so we did that too. Then we went ziplining (which another taxi driver recommended). The locals will know where to take you. The bars are all pretty cool in Puerto Vallarta. So cheap! I never went to Cabo Wabo so I couldn't tell you. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.