Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supporting my country.

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Supporting my country.

In light of everything that is going on in the world today,  I want to say  THANK YOU to "all" of our men and women in the service, both home and abroad for their service.  I am showing my support for my country and those men and women in the service by wearing my American Flag pin each and every day.  In addition,  I will say a special prayer  for all of those wounded while fighting to keep this great country free and safe. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
demi
Established Contributor

Re: Supporting my country.

I agree...completely.  And, without trying to get political...I support our troops regardless of whether I believe in the need for whatever war they are fighting...I never, ever, want to see our troops treated like they were in the Vietnam era.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 15
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Demi,

I agree with your comments on the Vietnam war.  I also did not write this to be political, but thought the time was appropriate with  Memorial Day  coming around. I have a family member fighting in the war at this very moment.  It is his second tour of duty.  I hope and pray that he,  and all of our men and women come home safely. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 15
MattH
Senior Contributor

Don't forget Memorial Day weekend is coming soon.  Whatever else my wife and I do that weekend, one thing I always do some time during Memorial Day weekend is visit a cemetery near my home where many of the graves mention service in some war.  I am acutely aware that unlike my father, both uncles, and both grandfathers I have not served in the US military.  My father celebrated his 19th birthday on Saipan Island in the Pacific Theater of World War Two, and my grandfathers both served in World War One.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 15
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I hang my flag outside every Memorial weekend (all US holidays, but this one is always special).  I have a POW bracelet that my grandmother bought for all us g-kids.  I wore it every Memorial weekend (til last) as a reminder of the Vietnam War and what our service men came home to...which was nothing.  My bracelet cracked in half & I need it welded, but my guy is Maj. R. Norlan Daughtrey, US Air Force, from Texas.  He spent 8 years in the Hanoi Hilton and was one of the first group of POW's released.  I remember seeing his name in the newspaper when they had a list of released servicemen. 

He passed away in 05, and I found his son's name and address and I sent him a note this year for Memorial Day. (the internet is a wonderful tool!) Just a little something to let him know that his Fathers' service has not been forgotten, even if it is from someone he'd never met.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 15
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

On this Memorial Day weekend,  I hope everyone will take a moment  to say a  prayer for those who sacrificed their life to protect this great country.   Please fly  "Old Glory". 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 6 of 15
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Imhotrodcrazy, i think you have a lovely thought and I totally support saying a prayer for those would have protected the USA and served our country. I got a new appreication a few years ago - took my son to DC and saw the vietnam wall. I never cried so much in my life. Touching. absolutely touching. Powerful as well, as we walked to look at the names, and it the wall grew taller and taller and taller. My son was about 8 at the time and he understood why i was crying. The average age of a solider was about 18, ten years from his age. How very young.  Tears are running down my eyes even thinking about.

On this board, I'd like to salute Marinevietvet for serving our country! You are very much appreciated inside myficoland and outside!

Happy Memorial day everyone.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 15
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

daisyduke,

I certainly agree, and feel the same as you do about the Vietnam Wall.  Our men and women were not treated  as well as they should have been when returning from the war.  To this day, when I see someone in uniform  I thank  them for their service.  It always brings a smile to their face knowing that someone cares about what they are doing.  I too give a big salute to Marinevietvet.  Thanks for your service. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 8 of 15
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

A very happy Memorial Day to all our veterans!  If it weren't for your service, I'd likely never have had a paying job, own my own home, or be able to vote and likely drive.

I toast a salute to you all!

She flies in your honor! 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

BungalowMo wrote:  She flies in your honor! 

And she's a beautiful sight! 

We were proud to put ours up. 

Absolutely beautiful!  Always!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.