Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swiss Colony "pre approval", LOL!!!

tag
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Swiss Colony "pre approval", LOL!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I get all sorts of these country style magazines in the mail telling me I am preapproved.  My mother actually has a Swiss Colony card.  I think they are way overpriced.  Our shopping mall when I was growing up had a Swiss Colony store.  They always had samples for you to try.  I alway bought boxes of those hard wafers found in Chex Mix.  I have a sort of photographic memory so I can walk through all three levels of that mall and tell you what each store was when it opened.  They may not be in the malls any longer but they found a way to stay in business.

The only place I had seen a Swiss Colony store was at East Towne mall in Madison Wisconsin as a kid in the mid 70's.  

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was what was known as Eastridge Mall in Gastonia, NC.  The Swiss Colony was on the 1st floor on the corner beside of an anchor store.  It was directly across from a toy store and a pet store.  The mall today would remind you of some outdated fossil like the Mall of Georgia in Athens, Ga.

http://skycity2.blogspot.com/2010/06/eastridge-mall-gastonia-nc.html

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

I have both Swiss Colony and Figi accounts and they are hidden unless one defaults. Started with 400 at SC and now its 2900, I have never spent more than 100 a year on it. LOL. Figis isnt so generous and I have not bought from them in a few years so they are CLD me and I really dont care, better payment deals at SC.

LOL...Do you really????  I actually had Figi's many many years ago, I was like 20 yo I think?? I ordered hams and apple baskets for family when I was in school, and had a pat time job, and made the payments.  Thats funny!!  Smiley Happy

Pizza, do not say " many years ago" Smiley Wink,,, you still young !!!!

Message 13 of 18
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

I have both Swiss Colony and Figi accounts and they are hidden unless one defaults. Started with 400 at SC and now its 2900, I have never spent more than 100 a year on it. LOL. Figis isnt so generous and I have not bought from them in a few years so they are CLD me and I really dont care, better payment deals at SC.

LOL...Do you really????  I actually had Figi's many many years ago, I was like 20 yo I think?? I ordered hams and apple baskets for family when I was in school, and had a pat time job, and made the payments.  Thats funny!!  Smiley Happy

Ham on credit!Smiley Very Happy oh to not be young and poor againSmiley LOL Wait...Iv'e been old and poor a couple of times tooSmiley Frustrated Nevermind

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 14 of 18
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I got one from them for $1000.  It went right in the recycle bin. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! That's some summer sausage!!!

Message 16 of 18
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow! That's some summer sausage!!!

If I had a nickel......

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 17 of 18
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I got one for 1k, too. I tossed it. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.