cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Wallets/ Handbags with the seasons? Any handbag enthusiasts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Switch Wallets/ Handbags with the seasons? Any handbag enthusiasts?

Just for fun do you all? I was having this discussion with a friend the other night and she looked at me like I was a murderer when I said I match my bag/ wallet with the season.....

How many of you all actually care what type of wallet/handbag you carry?...... I personally try to find one that will hold everything and still look nice it is no small feat...

Alright, I admit it I enjoy researching about handbags and credit you caught me Smiley Tongue 

I find it interesting how I can start blabbering on about credit to someone who is not as into it as we are and they look back at me dumbfounded like what? why? who? a store card? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Switch Wallets/ Handbags with the seasons? Any handbag enthusiasts?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just for fun do you all? I was having this discussion with a friend the other night and she looked at me like I was a murderer when I said I match my bag/ wallet with the season.....

How many of you all actually care what type of wallet/handbag you carry?...... I personally try to find one that will hold everything and still look nice it is no small feat...

Alright, I admit it I enjoy researching about handbags and credit you caught me Smiley Tongue 

I find it interesting how I can start blabbering on about credit to someone who is not as into it as we are and they look back at me dumbfounded like what? why? who? a store card? 

I would switch out but I can never find bags that I like (with prices that I can afford). Right now I am using a brown leather fossil bag that I bought used on ebay for less than $100 and it is the most expensive bag I have ever owned. I don't even like it that much. If I had bags I loved, I would switch them for the seasons. But for now, I'll be carrying this brown leather deal until it falls apart and I am forced to buy something else.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of my handbags are very basic and neutral in colors. Meaning they can go with any season and it doesn't cross my mind enough to switch up and change. Sometimes you just need to switch depending on the size of the bag.

Also only have one wallet that holds multiple cards so I never change wallets.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a problem with Clearance shopping sooooo... I may or may not have a collection of oversized wristlets that I got for 2-10ish dollars each..... The problem with Clearance shopping is that these wallets don't come in neutral colors, I guess neutral is popular so it is gone by clearance rack time.... I have a pink wallet with googly eyes attached which was a score at $4.90
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kate Spade has a wallet that holds 12+ credit cards. FYI.

I'm Queen of Consignment shopping. My sister's Closet in San Diego! Nordstrom rack, Saks off fifth...

Macy's has that table you can dig through too.

I don't try to match, I just find timeless pieces. Something that can blend in. The Spring Backpack from Marc Jacobs with the patches and color....Yeah not that.
Message 5 of 7
tacpoly
Established Contributor

I found a wallet that works for me and I will likely keep using it until it no longer does. I used my last wallet for 15 years. It took me a long time to find my current one; I bought and tried many different ones in the process. So I have a lot of wallet options, but none work better than what I currently have so it's unlikely I'll change soon.

As for bags, I have more than necessary, and I change based on what I need it to do (i.e. If I have to haul files and a laptop vs just dinner out). I do not switch bags with the season -- I will wear light-colored bags in the winter -- but most of my bag colors are neutral so I can do that. That light color is Valextra's Oyster which is a pale taupe. The one exception is a barenia and canvas tote that just screams summer.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I LITERALLY an hour ago switched out all my cards from my black Kate spade wallet to my new Henri bendel centennial stripe because it's spring!!! 😂😂😂😂 so yes I'm that girl too!! Lol

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.