cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch is KILLING me over here! ***RANT ALERT***!!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Synch is KILLING me over here! ***RANT ALERT***!!!

Yes, this is another Synch rant, so all y'all rant haters keep on hating. I'm losing my patience with GE/Synch. My 7th statement cut with my 76 gas card, pif every month before statement cuts, heavy usage. What a surprise.... NO CLI!! I've never had one, and the luv button is worthless just like India- sometimes US worthless credit solutions. REALLY???!! **bleep**! Grrrrrrrrrr.... The denial letters are all the same... They pull a report from April, citing the obvious bk, neg IIB accts blah freaking blah! I've been giving my GE cards A LOT of love all freaking 5 of them, PIF before statements cuts, and I'm rewarded how???? With NO CLI WHAT SO EVER!! 

Swear to God I can't win for crap with them! All 5 are officially in the sock drawer and I'm not using any of them for 6 months, maybe longer and ill wait till they send me a letter  "reminding" me ....."Pizza1!!, we are reminding you that your GAP card has $200 available in worthless credit to use now! Start shopping!!".... Etc, etc, etc...

at least my Loft and JCrew cards are getting CLI.... They will see love all during Christmas holidays, and GE will not. 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Synch is KILLING me over here! ***RANT ALERT***!!!

Just sock drawer them if you don't feel like they're giving you anything back or better yet move on from them completely for now as your TLs with them don't seem to be growing too much. You shouldn't have to try bending over backwards to please a lender like this. Work with the cards that have really grown with you the most thus far and if you want to go further, just dump the ones that are underperforming. That's what I did with my 700 Wells Fargo college card recently and ended up getting something way better in my sig.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

adventure_time__umadbro_2_by_xxxmr_legoxxx-d5ymr45.jpg

Sorry to hear. I don't get CLIs too often from GE, but I hardly ever use my cards. Do you have negs on your report? 

Message 3 of 21
Jlu
Established Contributor

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 4 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

oprah-u-mad.gif

Message 5 of 21
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Popa..... I think I'm gonna close them all in February at the one yr mark. You're right that I shouldn't have to kill myself and bend over and take it up the ass for a CLI! It's stupid! My majors (navy, cap I e and Barclays have been so good to me).... Ill just stick with them, giving them even more usage now that I don't have to spend on my 5 GE cardsSmiley Sad
Message 6 of 21
HautePinQ

same here. I have a Walmart and a Gap card. same ol story when I try the love button as well. I have some lates on my student loans that report each month even though I've been current for long time. that's their reason for not increasing mine. so in the drawer they go.

Message 7 of 21
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Popa..... I think I'm gonna close them all in February at the one yr mark. You're right that I shouldn't have to kill myself and bend over and take it up the ass for a CLI! It's stupid! My majors (navy, cap I e and Barclays have been so good to me).... Ill just stick with them, giving them even more usage now that I don't have to spend on my 5 GE cardsSmiley Sad

Sounds like a good plan to me. Forget that you even have them until that time. Smiley Happy

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

took 11 years for capital one to give me any credit increase Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.