Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Is Broken

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: System Is Broken

I live in OH and something is seriously broken here.  I was just behind a guy & his wife at the local supermarket.  T-Bone steaks on sale $4.98/#.  Their cart was loaded with steaks.  He also had a couple cases of pepsi.  Since when can pepsi be paid for with the Ohio Direction Card?  His total

came to $172.00 

Friend used to be a checker at Finast, a local grocer.  A lady came through with cans and cans of tuna fish.  Kathy said, *Wow you must love tuna*.  Not at all she said...*it's for my cat since we're now allowed to buy cat food*.  Kathy was furious. 

My own sister-in-law has a scam going here.  She's on workmans comp, works full time, her dh works full time and she collects money to help pay her utilities.  She also visits the local food bank.  My mil thinks she's using two different socials.  I don't get it.

We also have a program here that helps people on assistance attend college.  They receive a check for living expenses.  Nobody ever checks to see if you're actually attending classes.  Ridiculous.

Message 11 of 18
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

No wonder employment rates are skyrocketing You almost can live better on goverment aid

and have all your bills paid / electric, water, gas you come out like a bandit and sit at home... If you see my posts go to 10,000 overnight you know I am on the system too wouldnt have anything else to do but be in here...LOL

as for the tuna I did noticed they had alot of tuna last night too I am wondering if it was for there cat as well

Message Edited by 2wheel on 04-04-2009 01:57 PM
Message Edited by 2wheel on 04-04-2009 01:58 PM
2wheel
Message 12 of 18
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I'm just *too honest* to try to get around the system.  Some people do it and don't think twice about it.  She didn't injure her back on the job anyway.  This injury was from something that happened in her teens. 

What goes around comes around though.  Every morning I wake up and know that I'm being productive and giving something back.  Not a bad thing.

Message 13 of 18
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

yup me too I am honest hard worker and what I have Is what I have nothing more. If I can eat steak I will If I have to eat bologna I will But I will Eat everyday
2wheel
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work too, and it also bugs me to see people abuse the system like that. My DW and I used to live in a poor hood when we first got married. Over 75 percent of our apartment complex was unemployed and living better than we were and we both worked.

I always wondered how they drove Mercedes and tricked out SUV's when back then we shared a POS 93 Ford Taurus. I always assumed they sold dope.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I work too, and it also bugs me to see people abuse the system like that. My DW and I used to live in a poor hood when we first got married. Over 75 percent of our apartment complex was unemployed and living better than we were and we both worked.

I always wondered how they drove Mercedes and tricked out SUV's when back then we shared a POS 93 Ford Taurus. I always assumed they sold dope.

Sometimes it is a combination of both!

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

well if we all stopped working to go on aid then the funds would obviously dry up as no one would be paying taxes.  thankfully there are people in the world with a bit of pride.

also, it should be noted that yesterday was tax freedom day.  it takes us until 4/13 to pay our tax burden for the year so others can sit and do nothing.

be careful who you vote for 

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its an issue that has no happy ending truly believe there is people (family's) here that really need assistance to survive. BUT for the most part 60 % or more is fraud.....
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.