Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO ALL THE PARENTS...............

tag
2BFREE25
Valued Member

TO ALL THE PARENTS...............

I just want to acknowledge all the wonderful parents that we have here. I never really understood what it took to raise 2+ children. I have a 4 year old daughter (going on 44) and a 4 month old son and I am exhausted. So praises to all the parents, if nobody else appreciates all the hard work that you do, just remember that I do.Smiley Happy 
Starting -
EQ: 505
TU: 528
EX: 503
- Short term goal: 560
- Long term goal: 750
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TO ALL THE PARENTS...............

Same to you,. mine are litle further apart in age than yours and boys but it's gotten easier in some ways and more difficult in others, but alway fun and an adventure
Message 2 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I'm a stay-at-home dad and I have a soon to be 3-year-old daughter. I work out of my home office and we have been together, alone at home since she was 2 months old when my wife returned to work. It was challenge in the beginning, but I made a promise to myself that I would see this through...and I have. When it comes to children I believe you need three things: love (automatic), patience (working on it) and the hardest one of all, ENERGY. Children have soooooo much energy and me being 38 doesn't help. An in-law of mine just gave birth a month ago and her husband asked me for some advice on raising his newborn daughter...here was my response:

I have no advice for you...she will teach you...and she will keep you young!
Message 3 of 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I too was not as young as I used to be when daughter was born.  I am told it usually gets easier when they hit their late twenties  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.