Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking TV Back For Refund

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Taking TV Back For Refund

Is it wrong to purchase a small TV with every intentions to take it back after 2-3 weeks?  I recently moved, but had to leave my 42" TV back home.  I used my Sears card today to purchase a 22" TV from Kmart.  I do not plan to keep the TV.  I just need it for the holidays. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Taking TV Back For Refund

Well, put it this way: if you were buying a TV that you planned to keep, would you be happy knowing that someone else had already "borrowed" it and used it?

If nothing else, it just seems deceptive to me.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 20
DI
Super Contributor

People by used cars all the time be it a repo or trade-in.

Message 3 of 20
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Yes but it is sold as USED! 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 20
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@DI wrote:

Is it wrong to purchase a small TV with every intentions to take it back after 2-3 weeks?  I recently moved, but had to leave my 42" TV back home.  I used my Sears card today to purchase a 22" TV from Kmart.  I do not plan to keep the TV.  I just need it for the holidays. 

By asking the question you already know the answer.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 20
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

YES

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 6 of 20
DI
Super Contributor

I don't like the picture quality.  That'd be my reason for returning it...which is true.  I don't like the quality compared to the one back home.

Message 7 of 20
laz98
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

I don't like the picture quality.  That'd be my reason for returning it...which is true.  I don't like the quality compared to the one back home.

then you should return it NOW, and not after the holidays.

Message 8 of 20
marty56
Super Contributor

I would keep it as a backup or sell it.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 20
DI
Super Contributor

I have 30 days to return it.  I made sure of that before even swiping the card.  The 22" TV cost $238.  I can get one  for less, but they were all sold out.  SInce I needed a TV now, I figured I'd just get what they had and take it back.  No pain no gain.  That what having good credit and credit cards is all about.  

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.