cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target EMV Mastercard or Store Card is Here??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target EMV Mastercard or Store Card is Here??

@Spider15 wrote:
tmiw - contacted USAA Credit Card processing and had a good "fireside chat" about the EMV Chipped card. They informed me the chip technology going into the cards whether older like mine or brand new like most of them today was comparable. The part dealing with Chip & Signature, Chip & Pin or Chip only was on their end dealing with the various networks and and processors. My old Chip & Pin USAA Black WMC for terminal purposes is the same as the new cards. USAA took care of the backroom to get the cards to work in the various environments existing today.

Hopefully I didn't imply that signature meant that it was going to cause problems when you tried to use the card because that's definitely not the case. There might be a bit more annoyance overseas (e.g. having to carry around a pen because stores don't have any or waiting while someone checks the signature, which is rare here) but the card will still work. They even have mostly fixed the issue where chip cards without a PIN at all don't work in unattended locations.

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

tmiw - good information and appreciate the followup. Truth, I wondered if my old card would work in a EMV Chipped terminal since it came out when they issued chip & pin (wondered what happened in a non-pin environment). Now I know, no sweat.
Message 22 of 25
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Where I live it is about 99% Chip and PIN.  And the banks usually deny any claims of fraud!  I am so used to Chip and PIN!  Actually, it is all three, Chip, PIN, and Signature, which I find to be a redundant, but sometimes I simply sign it, 'yeah it's me."

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information!
Message 24 of 25
wmweeza
Established Contributor

I got my new chip & pin card today, I thought the original Target card was sort of ugly....this one beats it

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.