Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell me aboout Texas

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Tell me about Texas

MidnightVoice wrote:
I have been to West Texas.  Reninded me of Africa (the bad bits, not the nice bits)  Smiley Very Happy
Hey, now, I started out in Texas!

Only Texans get to say bad things about West Texas. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 35
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Only Texans get to say bad things about West Texas.

Ok, so I wil just say that I have nothing good to say about West Texas  Smiley Very Happy

But Africa is great  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tell me aboout Texas

Kerrville is lovely. My Pop-pop was a preacher there until he died... we used to visit in the summers. Guadalupe River... Turtle Creek... but these are childhood memories, an adult would probably not have a ton of fun visiting Kerrville Smiley Wink

San Antonio was neat.. always enjoyed the RiverWalk. I've spent a few weeks in Dallas on business --- they have a really diverse Art District that I really enjoy.

And whatever that highway is that goes alllll the waaaay acroooooss Texas (we took it this summer driving from CA to GA) you can go as fast as you want Smiley Very Happy You don't pass other drivers for sometimes an hour at a time!!!

Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought the Federal Government caused the end of SP (Safe&Proper) speed limits? Used to have that in Utah, fond memories of 130 in my Uncles ragtop Chevy. Robot surprised

I'm getting a lot of good vibes here for San Antonio. DW wants to see the Riverwalk. Is that mostly like shops and eateries? Details please?

Message 14 of 35
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Here's the official site. It was just a ditch back when I lived there:

http://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh your wife will LOOOOOOVE Riverwalk. It is fun during the day and in the evening. So many places to shop and eat!
Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link HTSU. Map makes it easier to understand the concept.

AmyBoo, I'm sure she will like it if there are places to spend money, Smiley Wink. Thanks

Message 17 of 35
nosxih
Regular Contributor

Austin! Great food and great music!

If you make it to Austin it would be worth your time to visit Fredricksburg. It is not far and it is a great town. There is a ice cream shop downtown that is just like the old 50's style that is alot of fun and the rest of downtown is great!

Message 18 of 35
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Everything is bigger in Texas.....

Retired Lender
Message 19 of 35
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

Everything is bigger in Texas.....

Do they have the biggest idiots in every village?

Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.