Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you on Congratulations posts?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Thank you on Congratulations posts?

I have an etiquette question for the credit card approvals section.

If someone posts congratulations on an approval, it would normally be good manners to say thank you.

But every time the OP says thank you, he or she is 'bumping' the thread, thereby keeping it alive without anything new of substance.

What is the right way to go on that? Say thank you, or not say thank you?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thank you on Congratulations posts?

I usually just kudo

Message 2 of 18
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

As for as, we are humans, i dont see any wrong in some one saying "thank you". and that makes us humans.

After all, what you get by adding more comments in a thread. a $1? No. so just ease it.

1/6/2023 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $470K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Sep/2021
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol

kudo everyone and say thank you once to everyone at the end of the day, then if you want say another thank you a couple days later if thread is still going.  Not really needed after that.  Just kudos.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my opinion, which nobody probably cares about, it shouldn't matter whether or not you post to say thank you. I've been taught to say thank you to someone who is complimenting me therefore I try to say it as much as I can. We're a part of a forum that consist of millions of posts. So what if a thread stays bumped due to thank you posts. That reassures me that the people I am taking advice from know how to be humans! We need more good humans in the world.

Message 5 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I cant read  your post....have no idea what it says, I ne...

@Anonymous wrote:

In my opinion, which nobody probably cares about, it shouldn't matter whether or not you post to say thank you. I've been taught to say thank you to someone who is complimenting me therefore I try to say it as much as I can. We're a part of a forum that consist of millions of posts. So what if a thread stays bumped due to thank you posts. That reassures me that the people I am taking advice from know how to be humans! We need more good humans in the world.

I cant read  your post....have no idea what it says, I need to blow it up to 300%...lol

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I cant read your post....have no idea what it says, I ne...

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I cant read  your post....have no idea what it says, I need to blow it up to 300%...lol

Sorry, I forgot to change the font size. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I totally agree with you, jlh! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

SouthJamaica we need to get you another job so you don't have time to worry ... Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.