cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you on Congratulations posts?

Valued Contributor

Re: Thank you on Congratulations posts?

 


SouthJamaica wrote:

I have an etiquette question for the credit card approvals section.

 

If someone posts congratulations on an approval, it would normally be good manners to say thank you.

 

But every time the OP says thank you, he or she is 'bumping' the thread, thereby keeping it alive without anything new of substance.

 

What is the right way to go on that? Say thank you, or not say thank you?


SJ, I usually respond back with a "thank you"! We all like to know that our posts are appreciated, and it doesn't really matter how large the thread becomes. It will eventually find its way out to the pasture! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: Thank you on Congratulations posts?

Personally I would prefer it if OP posts on Congratathon threads did not bump the post to the top. Only new replies from other users.

EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thank you on Congratulations posts?

Some congratulations filled threads have been filled with data points I needed but would have missed if people had not said thank you/ congrats and kept it alive a few days..... I try to wait 2 days then say thank you... Then I worry that since I post at random hours people who want the pertinent data in my post won't find it.
AAOA 1 year Fico 08's 738 739 703
Established Contributor

Re: Thank you on Congratulations posts?

Congratulations Smiley Very Happy

Moderator

Re: Thank you on Congratulations posts?


Nixon wrote:

Personally I would prefer it if OP posts on Congratathon threads did not bump the post to the top. Only new replies from other users.


That would be a nice forum setting but I doubt it's within the capabilities of the Lithium software.

Established Contributor

Re: Thank you on Congratulations posts?


Irish80 wrote:

Nixon wrote:

Personally I would prefer it if OP posts on Congratathon threads did not bump the post to the top. Only new replies from other users.


That would be a nice forum setting but I doubt it's within the capabilities of the Lithium software.


It may be a good idea to put in a feature request for this with Lithium software. I imagine other Lithium clients would also benefit from having that capability

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Thank you on Congratulations posts?


SouthJamaica wrote:

I have an etiquette question for the credit card approvals section.

 

If someone posts congratulations on an approval, it would normally be good manners to say thank you.

 

But every time the OP says thank you, he or she is 'bumping' the thread, thereby keeping it alive without anything new of substance.

 

What is the right way to go on that? Say thank you, or not say thank you?


I kudos.

 

But in this case southie, thank you.

 

Thank you for starting this post and asking the question.

 

Thank you!

AMEX BCP $9000- DCU Platinum $10000- PenFed Power $11000- Chase FU $11700- AMEX EDP $15000- NFCU CLOC $15000- Chase CSP $18900- Discover IT Miles $20000- Penfed Promise $25000- NFCU Go Rewards $27100- Venture $28750 **As of 11/18/17** EX- 762(13) TU- 765(12) EQ- 731(14) UTI 8%- Clean Files
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: I cant read your post....have no idea what it says, I ne...


jlh1580 wrote:

pizza1 wrote:

jlh1580 wrote:

In my opinion, which nobody probably cares about, it shouldn't matter whether or not you post to say thank you. I've been taught to say thank you to someone who is complimenting me therefore I try to say it as much as I can. We're a part of a forum that consist of millions of posts. So what if a thread stays bumped due to thank you posts. That reassures me that the people I am taking advice from know how to be humans! We need more good humans in the world.


I cant read  your post....have no idea what it says, I need to blow it up to 300%...lol


Sorry, I forgot to change the font size. Smiley Happy


THATS WAAAAYYYY BETTER...THX Smiley Wink

(BK7 d/c-08/2013/FICO-400's) ~ 07/2017 FICO 08- EQ-669, TU-676, EX-681
Scores being held down by tons of INQ/New acts Smiley Wink