Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Cat fell in motor oil

tag
BoSox617
Contributor

Re: The Cat fell in motor oil

Hi Booner72,

You may want to call a some vets and cat groomers for some advice (just in case there is still some residue lingering around, especially). 

Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awwwww poor cat, I bet that was a heck of a mess to clean up, not just the cat, I mean the surrounding areas the cat walked around as well.

I know if I tried to put my cat under water (meaning giving her a bath) she would FLIP OUT, most likely giving me a certain trip to the hospital for stitches, she's a nice cat, but I have seen her claws, and they are uhm sharp.

She's terrified of thunder and one time I went to pick her up and at the very second I got her in my arms it thundered and she tore my arms to pieces trying to scramble for a place to hide, I tell you this, it looked like I got into a fight with a Lion, I was bleeding so bad it took like three hours for it to stop and had about 9 scratches on both arms that most likely were very close to needing stitches.

I hope your kitty will be just fine.

Message 12 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

I do not like cats!  They are too creepy, carry too much dander and jump and crawl everywhere.   I  miss my Shih Tzu droopy!! 

Message 13 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@DI wrote:

I do not like cats!  They are too creepy, carry too much dander and jump and crawl everywhere.   I  miss my Shih Tzu droopy!! 

To contribute more constructively in the forums, please keep your posts on topic. Off-topic or unproductive posts might be removed for the benefit of all members. Thanks for your cooperation!

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 14 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

@fused wrote:

@DI wrote:

To contribute more constructively in the forums, please keep your posts on topic. Off-topic or unproductive posts might be removed for the benefit of all members. Thanks for your cooperation!

--fused, myfico moderator

Saying I do not like cats is not going off topic.  Cats jump and crawl everywhere.  That's probably how the OP's cat ended up in oil.  But if you would like to delete it or anything I post or say without hesitation do it. 

thanks!

Message 15 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

DI:

You don't like cats and you think they are creepy. Fine! The discussion in this thread is about a cat having a bad accident. The OP was asking for help and some of your statements weren't supportive.

Message 16 of 21
demi
Established Contributor

Odds are, you will find the glasses the day you pick them up.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 21
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Odds are, you will find the glasses the day you pick them up.  --- Demi YES!  I know.  I was expecting to find them as soon as we got home from ordering the new pair.  Unfortunately, they are still MIA.  

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

IDEA! Got any pics of the cat before and after?  You should send them to Dawn or at least write them a letter saying how their product saved your cat's coat and life. Companies can be generous sometimes, especially to a thankful and valued customer. You may even get coupons or rebates in the mail from them... so at least you are saving money somewhere.

Also, I would defintely send the thank you by snail mail, more personal that way.I sent a written thank you to a vitamin company once, and got an appreciative  response with tons of rebates etc.

Also, if you DO find the glasses- at least now you will have a back-up pair! (silver lining?)

Message 19 of 21
p-
Valued Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

Our poor cat fell, somehow, into an oil barrel that had motor oil in it.  His long fur is coated.  What can I do?

Have you considered shaving him?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.