Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 21 of 28
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: The New Amex Unicorn Card

@ cnc,

Messed-up thing is the Amex I'm AU on doesn't report to EQ. I'd love for that $4K to help a Brother's utilization out!! I've called about 10 times and they've even sent emails to EQ with no result.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 28
Demetri98
Established Member

@drkaje wrote:

@ cnc,

Messed-up thing is the Amex I'm AU on doesn't report to EQ. I'd love for that $4K to help a Brother's utilization out!! I've called about 10 times and they've even sent emails to EQ with no result.

Same thing happened to me, was just AU and wasnt reporting on credit report.

I called AMEX to try and sort it out, they said it was reporting but there was no SS# attached to report.

They gave me a mailing address to mail in a copy of my ID and my SS#.

This was only a few weeks ago, just followed up with Amex said they recieved the letter and should be on my credit report next month.

I would call AMEX and try to get them to sort it.

Message 23 of 28
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Demetri98 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@ cnc,

I called AMEX to try and sort it out, they said it was reporting but there was no SS# attached to report.

This was only a few weeks ago, just followed up with Amex said they recieved the letter and should be on my credit report next month.

I've been dealing with Amex's credit division sinve April, LOL!

Finally called Executive services and explained the issue but haven't gotten a call back.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 28
Demetri98
Established Member

@drkaje wrote:

@Demetri98 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@ cnc,

I've been dealing with Amex's credit division sinve April, LOL!

Finally called Executive services and explained the issue but haven't gotten a call back.

Whats the reason given for not reporting? Just EQ not reporting? If and when mine updates Ill let you know if it hit EQ or not.

Message 25 of 28
p-
Valued Contributor

For some reason, whenever I use my Amex Unicorn Card, Sir Mix-a-lot's "Posse on Broadway" starts playing inside my head.

Oddly enough, using my Orchard Gold Card plays Macklemore's "Thrift Shop".

Message 26 of 28
Chrysostom
New Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

When I was working as a server someone would put down an Amex black card every once in a while. I always heard you had to be like Jerry Seinfeld to have one and that you can charge 100 grand on it no problem. I have seen like 3 of them and 2 of the 3 were driving exotic cars lol.

I've seen one in real life (many on the internet), but I don't work in the service sector, so I don't see that many. I knew what it was. He was driving a Lamborghini, I think, one of those really ugly, expensive cars that looks like a wedge of cheese, and is the same colour. I told him I knew what it was: his reply:

"This is the card that proves you've made it, son."

LOL.

I actually got invited to apply for one the other day over the phone when I was trying to get a better-than-50k offer on the PRG. From what I understand, it has the same earn (1 pt/dollar) as the Platinum, a $2000 AF (or higher), and no better amenities or lounge access, nor negative F/X fees. Note, that I have never in my life run $240k through Amex charge products in a rolling 12-month period (the old criteria to qualify), so they must be severely reducing the qualifications to milk more people out of $5-7k for an increasingly common status symbol. I might have run $120k through Amex before, probably more like $90k, back when MR still had better airline partners than UR. Amex always pulls EXP for me, which is nearly 80 points higher than EQ, and 40 points higher than TU (due to lack of hard pulls on EXP, only 6 or 8, compared to the 25+ on the other two).

One card that I've never seen in-the-wild is the JP Morgan Palladium. I've never seen the Zync, for that matter, either.

Goal: 760 by End of Year
Current Score: 714 TU (2-3/12); 681 EQ (2-3/12); 714 EX (AmEx Pull: 2-7/12); 777 VantageScore (2-3/12)
AmEx BCE ($4k) - AmEx SPG ($7.5k) - Amex PRG (NPSL) - Citi Forward ($7.6k) - Discover IT ($3k) - BankAmericard Cash Rewards ($5k)
Chase Freedom ($1k) - Chase Amazon ($3k) - PayPal Extras ($6k) - Cap One Cash ($0.5k) - Amazon Store ($2.5k)

Application-Free Since the 14th of the Second May of 2012.
Message 27 of 28
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

This is why I won't ever cancel my unicorn card because it is truly one of a kind despite mine having a hard limit on it I will still keep it active Smiley Very Happy
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.