Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new Citi Prestige has arrived

tag
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

Re: The new Citi Prestige has arrived

Per the print on citi's credit card website: "Extend your trip with a complimentary night at any hotel of your choice after a minimum 4-consecutive-night booking. There's no limit to the number of times you can use this benefit, so go ahead and stay a little bit longer."

Does that mean if you pay for 4 nights, they will give you the 5th night free or if you pay for 4 nights, they will credit the 4th night and therefore you would only be paying for 3 nights?

Message 71 of 82
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@TitaniumCash wrote:

Per the print on citi's credit card website: "Extend your trip with a complimentary night at any hotel of your choice after a minimum 4-consecutive-night booking. There's no limit to the number of times you can use this benefit, so go ahead and stay a little bit longer."

Does that mean if you pay for 4 nights, they will give you the 5th night free or if you pay for 4 nights, they will credit the 4th night and therefore you would only be paying for 3 nights?

"Extend your trip," to me, would mean you get a free 5th night. 

Message 72 of 82
bigDEElight
Frequent Contributor

Soooooo now I want one!

EQ: 706 TU: 716 EX: 708
Total: $91,700 | 2016 Goal: $95K | Utilization: 8%
Message 73 of 82
davidsawsparks
Contributor

@TitaniumCash wrote:

You book 4 consecutive nights and they reimburse you for the 4th night stay. It says this in the T&C and I've verified this with their customer service rep. You have to book the stay through their travel agency though.

Message 74 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@csryang wrote:
The 4th night free thing has to be booked by their agent I think. Therefore, it might actually be more expensive than you booking it yourself for 4 nights straight.

The value of this card is when:
1) you use this card to purchase an airline ticket as least once a year with total price more than $250 as they will credit that much back
2) you apply in branch to offset $100 annual fee each year ( I hope this is true...).

In summary, if you meet the above two conditions, your real annual is actually just $100 (450-250-100). This is only $5 more than CSP and providing more benefit than CSP except primary rental car insurance

Pretty sweet.

Message 75 of 82
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

FYI, I called to for a replacement card two days ago and it arrived today. It's the new design even though they told me it would be the old one. 

Message 76 of 82
rlx01
Established Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

FYI, I called to for a replacement card two days ago and it arrived today. It's the new design even though they told me it would be the old one. 

Is it plastic or carbon fiber?

Message 77 of 82
WLRK11
Regular Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Is it plastic or carbon fiber?

^^^ and is the EMV chip on the back (as pictured in the mailers) or on the front (as rumored)? What do you think of the new design? 

Age: 20s | AAoA: 2 yrs | FICO Scores: 700s | Inq: EX: ?, EQ: ?, TR: ? | GARDENING AS OF 06/2014

Message 78 of 82
gsxrgt
New Contributor

Just got mine today. It's plastic and very thin/cheap feeling like a gift card. The chip is on the back. Design is cool but but be nicer on a higher quality card.

Chase Ritz 20.5K, Freedom 11K, Chase Marriott 11K, Citi Prestige 12.5K, Citi Aadvantage Platinum 10.5k, Barclay US Airways 12.5k, Discover IT 12.7K, Amex BCP 23K, Amex PRG, Penfed Platinum Rewards 11K, Penfed PLOC 25k
Message 79 of 82
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@gsxrgt wrote:

Just got mine today. It's plastic and very thin/cheap feeling like a gift card. The chip is on the back. Design is cool but but be nicer on a higher quality card.

Yes. It's plastic and the chip is on the back. Also, it is highly glossy. I think it looks hideous. 

Also, my PP Select card arrived yesterday. 

Message 80 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.