Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new Citi Prestige has arrived

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Let's try this again - Citi Prestige - For the curious

@davidsawsparks wrote:

I'm not sure if this is against the rule so I'll let the mods decide. Since the other thread got so off topic and the original message got edited, it sort of lost its value. Given that we are only allowed to post stock images, I won't include them in this message, however if you're curious as to how the new Citi Prestige looks including the package it came it, just click on my name and look at "my images". Please try to stay on topic this time so Lexie doesn't have to put us in timeout.

Very sharp looking card indeed.  Nice wallet too!  I got approved for the HHonors Reserve last month so unfortunately no Citi Prestige for the time being.  I already have 3 other Citi CCs.  Very nice choice indeed OP.

Message 49 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@davidsawsparks wrote:

I'm not sure if this is against the rule so I'll let the mods decide. Since the other thread got so off topic and the original message got edited, it sort of lost its value. Given that we are only allowed to post stock images, I won't include them in this message, however if you're curious as to how the new Citi Prestige looks including the package it came it, just click on my name and look at "my images". Please try to stay on topic this time so Lexie doesn't have to put us in timeout.

Message 50 of 82
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

Did it come on its own or did you request for it?

When i called customer service a few weeks ago, I asked about it and they said it will be sent out in batches to customers, and that everyone should get theirs by end of november. I am not sure if I can call them to have them send the new card over right away, or if I have to wait. Eitherways, I'm too lazy to call just for that haha.

I would say call them Smiley Tongue  Don't you want to feel its prettiness?

Message 51 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

When i called customer service a few weeks ago, I asked about it and they said it will be sent out in batches to customers, and that everyone should get theirs by end of november. I am not sure if I can call them to have them send the new card over right away, or if I have to wait. Eitherways, I'm too lazy to call just for that haha.

I would say call them Smiley Tongue  Don't you want to feel its prettiness?

It sure is a nice card though.

Message 52 of 82
davidsawsparks
Contributor

@enharu wrote:

I applied for the card 2 days before it was launched so they rushed it to me on Monday the 20th. It arrived in 2 days. I suppose because I'm a new cardholder, they wanted to get it in my hands asap so I'll start using it

Message 53 of 82
enharu
Super Contributor

Ok I just called.

Nope I can't request for the new design right away. The lady said even if I asked for a replacement card, it will come in the older design. 

So I guess I got to wait 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 55 of 82
davidsawsparks
Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@davidsawsparks wrote:

Very sharp looking card indeed.  Nice wallet too!  I got approved for the HHonors Reserve last month so unfortunately no Citi Prestige for the time being.  I already have 3 other Citi CCs.  Very nice choice indeed OP.

I already have the citi diamond preferred. I could have pc'ed it to the prestige but I wouldn't have gotten the promotional TY points so I app'ed for it and pc'ed my diamond preferred to a Hilton honors. I have 3 other cards that are owned by citi. Home Depot and 2 best buys.

Message 56 of 82
davidsawsparks
Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Ok I just called.

Nope I can't request for the new design right away. The lady said even if I asked for a replacement card, it will come in the older design. 

So I guess I got to wait 

It's a nice card but if you have a Palladium... It will pale in comparison.

Message 57 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@davidsawsparks wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Ok I just called.

So I guess I got to wait 

If you had a Palladium pretty much any other card, including the Amex Centurion, would look cheap in comparison. But let's face it. Few, if any of us, are likely to get it anytime soon. 

Message 59 of 82
enharu
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@davidsawsparks wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Ok I just called.

So I guess I got to wait 

If you had a Palladium pretty much any other card, including the Amex Centurion, would look cheap in comparison. But let's face it. Few, if any of us, are likely to get it anytime soon. 

@davidsawsparks, it's not really a matter of XXX card looks nicer than YYY card.

It's really a novelty of getting something new and shiny.

Just like a car. Someone may have a 5 year old Aston Martin but he may be envious of someone who's driving a brand new Porsche. The Porsche is much cheaper, but it's a brand new car with that new car smell Smiley Happy

@Anonymous, it's not that hard to get the Palladium either. Either you deposit 250k, or you start looking up friends who are now working as a CPC / JPM WM banker, or you just walk into a branch and try to sweettalk your way through.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 60 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.