Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The so called "do not call list"

tag
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Re: The so called "do not call list"

If you are on the do not call list and a telemarketer does call you, tell them to remove your name from their lists or you will report them to the FTC. Filing a complaint can easily be done online here.

Also, registering your cell phone isn't really necessary. As the FTC says on their site:

You may have received an email telling you that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls as a result of a new cell phone number database; however, that is not the case. FCC regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers. Automated dialers are standard in the industry, so most telemarketers don’t call consumers on their cell phones without their consent.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejer wrote:
What? No free incoming calls? You need a new service provider, Mas.

ROFLMAO........  Could I interest you in ACME Cellular?

Message 12 of 17
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:
I have fun with them...in a nice way.

Weekly I get calls about extending my auto warranty. They always ask what make and model. I usually start off by saying that I have a Chevy Impala. They always ask which year and I say 1972. With a frustrated voice they say that the car is too old. I then volunteer another car. I tell them I have a 2004 Honda Pilot. They then ask for stats and tell them I have 90,000 miles. As they type in the info I volunteer that the car was totaled and I bought is as a farm vehicle and that a warranty extension would go a long way in replacing the engine. If they didn't hang up on me by now, I say I do drive a newer Chevy Pickup truck. I string the conversation along as long as I can and then volunteer that the car isn't mine. It is my friend's work truck and they need to call him if they want to offer a warranty. I did manage to get through three vehicles like this with a rep and he said what I did "was totally uncalled for" and he hung up. How did he know I was lying? And if you feel sorry for the guy...look around, many of these companies are scams or they offer a warranty that hardly covers anything at all.

On the side, I am a reseller for a number of companies. If I keep getting unsolicited phone calls, then I solicit back. I don't want to say what I do because it will sound like I am soliciting here, but I'll actually push some of the companies I work with on them twice as hard. Actually got a sale once out of someone trying sell me time-shares.

While you may have legal recourse, I figure I could roll with the punches and have some fun.

I got the same call from the same company. Lucky for me, I got a very nice representative. I just said I owned a 1992 Volvo and the rep said "unfortunately we cant extend coverage but I'm going to take your name off our do not call list so you do not get any calls from us." Havent got a call since from them. 

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 14 of 17
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Chopbrocoli wrote: "...the rep said 'unfortunately we cant extend coverage but I'm going to take your name off our do not call list so you do not get any calls from us.'"

--------------------------------------------------------

?

So, your name is no longer on their "do not call" list? What a relief! :smileyhappy:

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

does this list work at all on cell phones?  100% or just partially?

is there a different list for cell phones?

Message Edited by urgent_help_needed on 03-23-2009 12:21 AM
Message Edited by urgent_help_needed on 03-23-2009 12:23 AM
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can add any non-business phone number to the DNC list.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.