Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things I should do in my 20's?

tag
meehan22
Frequent Contributor

Re: Things I should do in my 20's?

I am 26 and I agree with the others who have said to travel. I am constantly hitting the road or air and seeing more of the country. I haven't made it outside of the country but I want to hit Ireland and the Virgin Islands in the next couple years. Thats my goal. Smiley Happy

Wallet: Chase $6,000 - Discover $1,500 - Walmart $2,200 - Voyage FCU $1,300 - Zales $2,300 - Elan Fin: $12,500(AU, reporting) - Chase $8,500 (AU, reporting) 1% UTL
Message 11 of 12
flawesome
Contributor

Re: Things I should do in my 20's?

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@flawesome wrote:

Traveling eh? What if I skipped that and got an entry level job in my field of choice with few vacation days? At 23 there is plenty of time, but I can't see leaving this job for travel being a good idea(though I had a coworker insist I travel as well).

Depending on your job they may give you limited vacation time, but maybe they can defer your start date a month or two? The type of travel I am talking about is going for a month or two at least and just bumming around europe/south america/asia wherever. My first time abroad was for 2 1/2 months, which I did as part of a summer session in graduate school. You can see a lot of different countries and get a good international view point. You have your whole life to work. 

+1 I have visited about 9 different countries: Mexico 3 times, France, Spain, Morocco, Panama, Costa Rica, Bermuda, Jamaica, and Dominican Republic  which translates to 2 other continents. And did this all before the age of 18. Travel now while your young because it will just be more difficult later in life 

How exciting that all sounds!

I started a year and a half ago so delaying my start isn't on the table. It's not exactly a dream job at $15-something an hour but I applied to 20+ technician jobs before anyone would give me a chance. Plus I get to use electron microscopes and ion beams and all sorts of plasmas do-hickies. So long as I'm learning how to do new interesting things here I'll be hard pressed to leave for travel adventures. I'm sure I'd get a lot out of it though.

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.